Beach Love part 18

So sorry I haven't uploaded on this in forever! I just had a few different ideas of what way I wanted to go with the story. Now I have a good idea. I probably wrote and rewrote this chapter ten or fifteen times! Hope you enjoy(: comments, fans, and votes are much appreciated! <3

___________________________

Breaking the silence in the room, I gasped for air and coughed continually. “Oh my god,” I wept, hugging onto whoever was sitting next to me. The sweet and familiar scent of AJ filled my nostrils. I breathed it in over and over. “What happened?” I whispered, a bit out of breath. For the first time since I had gained consciousness, I opened my eyes slightly. My mother was sitting in a chair across from the couch, worried about me, but I could tell that she looks a bit more relaxed than she probably was a minute ago.

                The next person I noticed sitting on a chair next to my mom was Brady: that’s when everything came back. Why I started drowning. Why I was so disoriented. “You,” I whispered squinting at Brady. AJ skipped a breath when I said that and Brady looked taken aback.

                Brady looked around himself and pointed to his chest. “Me?” He questioned. I flew off the couch, coughing and wheezing. “Yes, you,” I said. “I need to have a word,” I demanded, stomping into my bedroom hoping Brady followed. He hesitated, but finally followed my lead.

                Shutting the door behind us, I pointed to the bed, telling Brady to take a seat. “How could you?” I questioned him, tears welling up. “You promised you’d never leave me! You promised! No calls from you? Not even a text? I haven’t seen you in like three weeks!” Brady didn’t say a word; he just stared at the floor.

                “Well, are you going to try to say something to help you in this case?” My voice broke slightly. The silence was bugging me. Brady should already have an excuse; he’s the king of excuses and schmoozing. What’s wrong with him?

                He ran his fingers through his hair and then covered his face. “I’m sorry, okay? That’s all I can say! I’m sorry! Amber, I’m going through…” Before completing his sentence he covered his face again. I just stood there like an idiot: waiting for his explanation. I was beyond pissed at this moment I couldn’t even talk anymore.

                “So, what, you leave me. Then you decide to come back right when AJ appears and decide to startle me bad enough to almost drown me?” I shot back. My face was heating up, my eyes were swelling, and I was even starting to sweat a little. This was getting to me, when it really shouldn’t be that big of a deal.

                “I thought I could trust you when you said you’d never leave. But I guess you’re just like every other guy out there. Always say and never do?” I ran into my closet and pulled out the shirt Brady got for me a long while back. The one I always slept in.

                “Here, I don’t want this anymore.” I threw the shirt at him. It landed right in his lap. He never removed his hands from his face. “Just go home, Brady. I’m not worth your time anymore and you’re not worth mine.” I said coolly and opened the door to let myself out: not even bothering to escort Brady out.

                AJ’s comforting arms invited me in willingly as I burst into tears. My life had just broken down. I was at the lowest point I could be without going suicidal. How does my life always manage to drastically change from extremely high to extremely low?

                I heard my mom stand up and wander into my bedroom. Then two sets of footsteps traveled to our back door leading to the beach. My crying increased twenty folds when I heard that. Brady hurt me so badly, and honestly, I had no idea why. He ignored me, yes. He almost drowned me, kind of. But why was I so upset with him? I don’t know. All I knew was I did not want to see his face around here for a while. My heart throbbed. It felt like someone took a steak and shoved it threw my chest: lifeless, dead, and gone.