Beach Love part 11

Chapter 11

                I was mad. I was mad that the party was now moved to tonight. I was mad that Brady was being so difficult. I was mad that Brady always is right. I was mad at the fact that my life was now getting messed up by these two guys who I care about most. I was just plain mad.

                I finally pulled my face out of the pillow that I was now weeping into. I wasn’t crying because I was sad or anything, I was crying because the anger was boiling up inside me so much that the only way for me to let it all out was my tears.

                Why was this happening to me? Why did everything have to get so complicated? Because of me. That was my answer. Because of me. I could try to point fingers and blame everyone else, make that anyone else, but it all comes back to me.

                Brady can’t stay mad at me for long, I try to convince myself. He can’t. I turned over to look at the clock, wiping away a few tears while I’m up. Six thirty. I looked out my window and saw that it was dark out. Geez, it sure gets dark quick here in Oregon. At least in the fall and winter. In the winter, it can get dark as early as four.

                Guests will probably be arriving around eight for the party, so I decided to start to get ready. It’s going to take a while for me to hide that I’ve been crying for two hours straight.

                I didn’t want to see Brady, but at the same time I wanted to talk to him more then anything. I feel guilty for yelling at him and giving him a hard time because he wouldn’t… well he wouldn’t do me. Now that my head’s on straight, I was regretting everything. The fight over nothing. The kiss, no matter how amazing it was. Everything. It all happened so fast I feel like I barely had time to process it.

                I peeked my head out of my bedroom to make sure Brady wasn’t in the hallway, then scurried across the hall into the bathroom. I quickly put some eyeliner on, then mascara and a bit of dark eyeshadow. On top of that, I put on bronzer that made my skin blend better. With one last smack of my lips, my make up was done.

                I went back into my room and immediately knew what I was going to wear tonight. A cute,  purple, tube top dress that I don’t remember ever wearing. Obviously either my mother or Angie bought this for me, because I would never buy something cute like this. I don’t have fashion sense at all. When I slipped it on, I instantly knew that Angie bought this for me because the dress only came to mig thigh. No matter how cool my mom is, she’d never be thrilled about this dress. It was awfully short, but cute at the same time.

                Now all that was left was my hair. What was I going to do with my hair? I decided to curl it so, once again, I went back into the bathroom and plugged in my curling iron. I stared in the mirror while I waited for my curling iron to heat up. My make up looked really good. I was surprised to see how it turned out. I leaned towards the mirror to wipe a black smudge from underneath my eye, when something caught my attention. Our of the corner of my eye, I saw a face staring at me in the doorway. “You look beautiful.”

                I screamed, without knowing it, and about jumped a foot. “Jesus Brady! You scared the shit out of me!” I said loudly. “Sorry.” He mumbled. I leaned against the counter of my bathroom, then burned myself on my curler. “Ouch! Shit!” I yelped. Brady walked over and cradeled my hand in his. “Here, let me see.” He looked at it carefully. I couldn’t help but stare at his eyes as he analyzed my burn.

                When he finally looked up at me, I could feel my face flush with heat. I looked down, awkward from being caught staring at him. Brady’s mouth formed a quick smile, then it faded quickly.