Beach Love part 19

Thanks for sticking to my story! Hope you guys enjoy! I do believe there will be another book to this series! Because this one is going to wrap up soon.

___________________________

*Two Weeks Later*

                My mother, now actually showing her little baby bump, was so enthused about the wedding. I pretty much was going to let her do most of the planning, along with Monica. I had already decided Monica was going to be my maid of honor. I think I want Angie and Janice to come down from Oregon to be my bridesmaids. Also, two of my old friends from my Bahamian school were going to be my other two bridesmaids. They’re names were Lisa and Rani. I found it rather odd though, because I offered to have AJ’s sister be a bridesmaid also, but he declined. He said he would rather not bring his family into the wedding aspect.

                AJ had talked with me briefly about his choice of best man and Groomsmen. Best man, obviously, was going to be Jordan. For his groomsmen, however, he had mentioned Bubba being a possible choice, and two other people from the high school football team that he played with and kept in contact with. I don’t remember them all that well, but they’re names sounded familiar. One was Jeff and the other was Raphael. The other groomsman he chose shocked me. Since he knew how close I was to Blake, he decided that he would be his fourth groomsman. I was flattered by that decision because I was happy to hear Blake was going to be in my wedding.

                “Okay, so where do you think you’d want the actual wedding at?” Monica asked. My mother, Monica, and I were out at this fancy restaurant that my mother decided to take us to. She said we needed to “get away from the guys” so that we can have real wedding talk.

                The first place that vividly popped into my mind was an old place that my father and I used to go to all the time when I was little. It was a beautiful white house right on the beach. It was used by the city as a place to hold activities such as weddings, or parties, or baby showers, etc. However, my dad would take me and a few friends down there to play in the water and jump off the gorgeous dock they had placed there.

                “I think that old recreation house they have down on the other side of the island. I’ve always dreamed of having a wedding there.” I said. I knew my mom immediately knew what I was talking about, but Monica had no clue. So, after we finished eating, we traveled down there to see the location. She jotted down a bunch of notes so she could have an idea of where to put everything.

                “So, when do you want to plan on having this wedding?” Monica asked me. I thought about this for a moment. “I’m not sure, honestly. I’ll have to talk to AJ about it.” I decided. I didn’t want to make any decisions without him.

                We drove home and my mother and Monica immediately got to work with more wedding stuff. They jumped onto the computer and looked up caterers, pastors, renting of the recreation house, etc. I rummaged through the fridge to try to find something to eat. In the middle of the refrigerator I saw a huge jar of pickles. Without even thinking, I grabbed the pickle jar, wrenched it open, and began shoving pickle by pickle down my throat.

                Before I knew it, all the pickles were gone. I burped slightly and then threw the pickle jar away. Hopefully my mom didn’t need the pickles for anything. “Hey, guys. I’m going to go take a shower, alright?” I said. Monica and my mom barely even heard me over their constant wedding bantering. I rolled my eyes and smiled at them. Bless their hearts; I don’t know what I would do right now without them taking control with this whole wedding.

                On the way up the stairs, I ran into AJ. “Oh hey babe,” I said, kissing him as we passed each other. “Hey, where are you going? Aren’t you supposed to be having ‘girl time’?” He asked. I laughed. “Yeah, but I snuck away. No one even noticed.” I joked. AJ nodded. “Ah, I see.”