Beach Love part 2

Chapter 2

Days passed since the last day of school. Then weeks, then months. Ever since we've gotten out I haven't done a thing. Haven't applied for any colleges, haven't hung out with any friends, well besides Brady, and haven't really associated with anyone for the past...oh who knows how long!

I was sitting on my couch in my little house on the beach in the Bahamas. Yeah, it was a dream. I know. But I also know that how can you enjoy a place like this when you don't have the person you love here to share it with? That's what my mind keeps coming back to.

My long auburn, brown hair was in my face, but I didn't even bother to move it. It was also tickling my nose but I was too lifeless to care. My tan skin was even starting to look a little pale these days. Well, I guess the only time I went outside was to relax on the beach with Brady. He would actually force me outside. I was wearing my comfiest clothes, green, baggy sweatpants with a green t-shirt. It was so hot in the house, even though the windows were open 24/7 because they didn't have anything but a curtain on them and the door was propped open all the time. Even though it wasn't the time to be wearing sweatpants, I didn't care.

The only reason I was wearing them was because I stole them from AJ's friends house from our first date. I was actually going to give them back, but I never got around to it. I never got around to anything. I only lived in Oregon for what? Maybe three months? Four? Somewhere around there. So why would I have enough time to get anything done? I had so many unsolved questions in my head about Oregon. About AJ, Bubba, Angie, Janice, Monica, Jordan, Blake. Everyone. I do text Monica all the time and she keeps me up to date at what's happening up there but...I miss it. I never thought I'd say that, but I miss it up there in Oregon.

Amber, snap out of it! You need to move on! My little conscience inside my head would always say. But the problem is I couldn't. There was no way to move on. I was hopeless. Nothing anyone could do or say would make me snap out of it or move on unless we moved back up to Oregon. It would actually be even better if everyone could just move down here. Then I could have my beach and my friends! I could even keep Brady! Too bad that's never going to happen.

I heard footsteps at the door but didn't even look to see who it was. I knew my mom was taking a shower in her room and my dad was...well I think he was barbecuing on the deck so they could talk to him. The footsteps traveled from the front door to right behind me. Whoever it was it better be someone I know. Or if they're a serial killer, hopefully they came to kill me. Put me out of my misery. I felt warm hands rub my shoulders and I immediately knew who it was.

"How are you doing today?" He asked in his angel voice. Everyone is still in awe that I don't choose him. He likes me, everyone knows, but they all wonder why I don't like him back. I do, just not in that way. Some people are just friends, some people are more than friends. You'll know which is which. I sighed, but managed to get the words out. "Like always." I muttered and shoved my face back into the pillow.

I heard another pair of footsteps coming from my parents bedroom. Probably my mom. "Oh, hey Brady. What's up?" I heard her familiar voice ask. The warm hands left my shoulder. "Not much. Just trying to revive your daughter." I heard my mom laugh a little from behind me then sigh. "Yeah, good luck with that. Well, you're welcome to stay for dinner. I think George is making ribs." Ribs. My favorite food. Or, it used to be. I don't really like any food anymore. Slowly, I took my head out of the pillow then laid my head on it, I ran out of energy. I could tell Brady got excited when he saw me move, then sighed when I laid my head back down. "Yeah, that'll be great, Nat." He replied, then I heard a pair of footsteps walk away. I prayed that it wasn't Brady.

Then I felt his comforting warm hands on my back. "Come on, get up." His breath tickled my ear. Again, I hid my face in the pillow. I didn't want to get up. I moaned. "No, you cant make me." I mumbled into the pillow. Brady snorted. "Oh yes I can." I heard him move in front of the couch, then with one swift swoop, he picked me up and flung me over his back. I opened my eyes to an interesting view of Brady's butt. "Why does my head need to be back here?" I complained. Brady chuckled. "You don't like that view?" He asked playfully. I wasn't in the playful mood, he should know that. "Brady..." I whined. He sighed and sat me down on something soft. "You're such a little two year old. Or you have been ever since you came back from Oregon." I heard him rummaging through something. Maybe a closet? I couldn't see because I still had my eyes closed. "Here, put on these clothes." He through them at me. The clothes hit me in the head and I fell onto my bed. Brady sighed, clearly irritated. "Come on Amber! You're not that wimpy! Now take off those clothes and get these ones on. You must be burning." I sighed, annoyed. "I don't want to. I want to keep these ones on. These are fine." Unknowingly, I opened my eyes to see what Brady wanted me to wear. A bikini? Really? "And I'm definitely not putting on a bikini!" I threw it back to him, but that was no use because he just threw them right back. "Oh yes you are. You'll wear them even if I have to dress you myself." I saw a bit of a smile spread across his face at this thought, then it was erased almost as quickly as it appe\red. I gave him a dirty look. "Don't get too excited. I still have some dignity. Okay, leave. I'll change." I waved him off and he stepped out of my room and shut the door.