Beach Love part 14

Comment Vote and Fan pleasee(: thank you! Oh, and spread the word about my book, if you can! Hope you enjoy

When I awoke the next morning I was craddled in Brady’s arms. By the sound of his breathing, I could tell he was asleep. I peek up at him. His face looked so young. Just like it did when we first met. I smiled and snuggled into his chest even more, hoping not to wake him up.

                My fingers traced his abs carefully. I saw his fingers twitch a fews times and wondered if I may have woken him up, but I didn’t. My hand went to my throat, reflexively. I propped myself up carefully, and got off the couch, laying a blanket back over Brady. I’m glad I didn’t wake him up.

                I walked into the kitchen and took another throat losenge, then looked for an ice pack. I felt a bit dizzy. Once I got one, I quickly checked in my mom’s bedroom  to see if she was here. She was gone. Must be downtown somewhere. I went back into the living room and sat in the single chair across from the couch Brady was sleeping on.

                Icing my head, I suddenly had this urge to go back and cuddle up next to Brady, but I knew he’d wake up. He needed his rest. After all, he was up half the night worrying about me anyways. His eyes had bags under them, a result from loss of sleep. I could tell it wasn’t just because I almost died. He hadn’t been sleeping long before then.

                Finally, I couldn’t take it anymore. I snuck over and crawled into Brady’s arms. Brady didn’t respond at first, but then I could tell he woke up. He started adjusting himself. I looked up at him, his face came across as confused at first, but once he looked down at me, his confusion disappeared and a smile spread across his face. “Good morning gorgeous.” He said, a little groggily. “Good morning.” I smiled back.

                His hands ran threw his hair and he yawned. I tried to sit up, but Brady just pulled me right back into his arms. “Where do you think you’re going?” He asked playfully. I giggled. “Well-” I started, then my cough reminded me that I can’t talk to well. That seemed to harden Brady’s expression. “Oh, right. You can’t talk.” He let me go and got into a slouched position, massaging his temples. I rubbed his back, trying to soothe him.

                It sucked that I couldn’t talk. I couldn’t say anything to Brady to make him feel any better. I just had to let the silence eat him up. Now that’s torture for both of us.

                So, I decided to go make breakfast. I was in the lazy/desert mood, so I made us brownies for breakfast. We devoured the whole batch in less then ten minutes. By lunch time, we both had stomach aches.

                “Okay, maybe the brownies were a bad idea.” Brady admitted. I nodded, but didn’t regret the brownies. They were delicious. We sat out on my porch, soaking up the sun, letting it sink into our skin. At least I was getting my voice back a bit. The brownies may have helped it. I don’t know if that’s even possible, but to me, brownies can fix anything.

                I turned to look at Brady. I studied his expression. He seemed happy. His eyes glistened in the sunlight and his skin seemed to be painted a perfect tan color. His abs were perfectly traced and his slightly curly hair made him even that much more attractive. Right then, it hit me. Brady wasn’t human. He couldn’t be. He’s too perfect. He especially couldn’t be human because he wanted me. Out of all girls in this world, why would he pick me? It just didn’t make sense. So that’s my conclusion.

                “I’ve decided.” I said in a raspy voice. Brady turned to look at me, confusion hit his eyes and a hint of excitement. “Decided what?” He chuckled, obviously a bit amused by this statement. “That you’re not human.”