Beach Love part 10

Chapter 10

                When I opened the door to Brady’s bedroom, it dawned on me that I haven’t been in here since we moved from it last time. It was almost hard for me to imagine Brady using this room because all I can think about is my mom living in here. “Brady?” I repeated.

                He was lying on the bed staring at the ceiling. “What?” He said, maybe a bit too forceful. “I’m sorry. I really am. I didn’t mean to make you angry. You’re the last person I need angry with me.” I waited for a response. None.

                I made my way over to the bed and sat on it, staring intently at Brady’s expression. Pissed, definitely. At me though? I’m not too sure. Maybe it’s just how the conversation went that is making him so upset.

                Brady let out a long sigh, which I felt was quite calming even to me. “I’m sorry.” I repeated in a bit of a whisper this time. The corner’s of his mouth lifted and turned into a small smile. “I know.” He whispered back. He patted the spot on the bed next to him.

                I crawled onto the bed and curled up next to him, his arm around me. The heat radiating off his body was intense, but soothing. I breathed in, taking in his scent, and then let out a sigh, closing my eyes. I felt his chest rise and fall under my ear as he breathed at a steady pace.

                Even though I just took a nap out in the water, I suddenly felt tired again. His breathing was so relaxing that it almost was a lullaby to put me to sleep. I could feel that I was losing consciousness rather quickly. Before I did though, I remember mumbling a few words that I didn’t even notice I was saying. “I love you.” It may have just been me dreaming it, but I think he may have said “I love you,” back.

                AJ’s arms squeezed me, protecting me from the horrible noises that surrounded us. Screams, wails, creepy noises, chainsaws, gun fires. I wanted to scream so badly, but I couldn’t. I wouldn’t. All I could do was stay in AJ’s arms. Protected. “I will always love you.” He repeated to me over and over again. Just like he said to me before I moved. Finally, getting the courage to actually look up into AJ’s eyes, I saw Brady now. He held me close in his arms, the same way AJ did, but he didn’t say anything. He just held me.

                Suddenly, the wails and screams were gone. All the noises left. It was just Brady and I. Standing there, holding each other. He buried his face into my neck and kissed me. Then he mumbled something, that I could not quite make out. I wanted to ask him what he said, but my voice was gone. I couldn’t say a word. Just like I couldn’t scream when those creepy sounds were around me.

                Then, Brady let go of me and got carried away by a huge wind gust. Things spun around me, I didn’t know what was going on or what to expect. Next thing I knew I was down at the beach in the Bahamas, right outside my home. The sand felt so real and warm against my skin. “So, this is your home life?” AJ asked. Blinded a bit by the sun, my eyes adjusted to see him standing by me, staring down at me. But something was wrong. His eyes were bloodshot and not warm and welcoming like usual. “AJ?” I said, now regaining my voice. “What are you-” but then the scene changed again

                We were at a trailer park now, but AJ and I were still in the same position. Me, lying on the ground and AJ towering over me. At that moment, he turned and entered one of the trailers. I quickly got up and followed him. The trailer stunk badly of smoke and alcohol. It was hard to even see because it was so filled with smoke. Then there he was. AJ. Lying on the couch, smoking what looked like a pipe. He puffed out a ring of smoke and I couldn’t help but cough continuously. “Want to try?” He asked trying to hand me over a pipe. I could see his eyes perfectly now. They were filled with pain and misery. I let out a scream that I couldn’t help and tears started streaming down my cheeks.