Beach Love part 22

Before I get to the story, I should explain real quick...

1) Yes, Beach Love is continuing for a little longer. Instead of making a new book, I decided to finish the series off with just a few more chapter on Beach Love.

2) Yes, I am still alive, and I will finish this book.

Thank you for being patient with me! Please read your message I sent out for a better coverage of why I've been taking so long to upload and for why Baby Love isn't going to be in existance. Thank youu and enjoy! Comment, Vote, and Fan!!(:

__________________________________________

The sudden rush of defeat ran through my veins; But not my defeat – AJ’s defeat. I had the ultimate power over everyone in this room right now. All I had to do was “let slip” that this kid was mine and the whole tides would change. It’s funny how things can change that quickly; one moment everything seems to be going against you, and the next, everything’s going your way.

                A smile slowly spread across my face. It was a bitter-sweet moment. At the same moment I felt an intense amount of revenge and complete joy. This was my kid. I was looking at my own flesh and blood: Amber and my own flesh and blood. Anything I could have ever wanted was nothing compared to this. Amber had a piece of me in her life forever and there was nothing she could do about it.

                As soon as my shock wiped off my face, I opened my mouth to speak but I was quickly cut off by Amber. “Brady may I speak to you alone for a second.” She asked seriousness in her tone. I nodded my head and followed her into her old bedroom, now Veronica’s room.

                “Brady I-” Amber began. But I cut her off. Sudden anger rushed over me. I was at a high a few moments ago, but now it’s finally set in. No one knows. Not a single soul knows besides Amber and I. “Care to explain why the hell there’s a child out there who looks exactly like me? Do you care to explain to me why you haven’t tried to contact me about this? Do you care to explain to me why nobody and I mean NOBODY knows about this little predicament?” I was almost to a shout, but the last thing I wanted was to scare Amber out of telling me everything. I needed to be caught up on everything.

                “Let me explain,” She proposed. “I didn’t know it was yours, honestly I didn’t. I mean, I had a fear that it could be, but I didn’t know! I would have told you right away if I would have known, and I wouldn’t have pushed a wedding with AJ. However, once I saw the child; once I looked into those familiar bright blue eyes, I knew it was yours. There wasn’t any doubt it my mind.” She sighed and walked over to the window looking out at the beach.

                No matter how much she hurt me in the past, I hated to see her in a tough situation. My anger and frustration faded and all I wanted was to go over and wrap her up in my arms. However bad I wanted, I knew I couldn’t. She was married now. It wasn’t just a “boyfriend-girlfriend” thing anymore, it was a “husband-wife” thing, which was way more intense and a definite no-go-zone unless you’re a complete asshole. At the same time, I’m technically like an ex-husband; she was impregnated with my child.

                A single tear fell down the side of her face, but she quickly wiped it away. “I don’t know if I can do this Brady. I fucked up bad. I didn’t intend to have a kid! I mean what are the chances. I screwed up one night!” Another tear dropped and that’s when she lost it. I went and sat down on the plush, pink recliner in the corner of the room. “Come here Amber,” I beckoned for her to sit on my lap. She hesitated for a moment but then gave in.

                “I regret it.” She whispered as she curled up on my lap. “Was it really that bad? It’s not like I got you drunk or something. It thought it was amazing.” I said. Amber’s mouth curved into a slight smile. “That’s not what I mean.” She smirked and raised up to face me, her bright eyes looked directly into mine. “I just regret all the pain that caused everyone, and is still going to cause everyone. AJ will hate me, my mom will hate me,” Then she looked down at her nails. “And you already hate me. For good reason too.” She muttered.