YEAR I: CHAPTER 7

𝐖𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐥

I was sitting down by the courtyard and saw Hermione pass by sniffling in tears. I raised an eyebrow. I saw Ron and Harry with their classmates. I stand up and walk to them. "Hey, what happened to Hermione?" I ask.

"Ron said something, and Hermione heard him," Harry said.

"What did he say?" I question.

"I just said she was a nightmare and why she hasn't got any friends," Ron simply answered.

"Actually he kind of mocked her," Harry said. I look at Ron at disbelief.

"Honestly, Ron just because she's smarter than you doesn't mean she's friendless or a nightmare!" I growled and rolled my eyes.

[Author's P.o.V]

The Halloween night filled Thunder in the skies making it spookier than it already is. Jack O' Lanterns floating above the ceiling and candies and all sorts of junk food placed at each table. Everyone was happy and laughing but on the other hand, the girls' bathroom was filled with cries of a girl.

"Hermione?" Y/n had called out. "Are you in here? You missed a class today it's really unlike of you to miss a class," She opened one stall, no one. "Hermione, It's me, Y/n?" She opened another one, no one. "Look, Ron's, just an idiot," She tried to open the door to another stall but it wouldn't open. "Hey," She knocked on the door gently.

"Just go away," Hermione sniffed.

Y/n refused to leave. She didn't want to leave someone alone like this, she knew what it felt like to cry alone. She crouched down and slid her hand under the door with a handkerchief in her hands.

Hermione softened a bit after the small gesture. She took the handkerchief and wiped her tears with it. She slowly opened the door and Y/n smiled at her.

Meanwhile, Harry had noticed an empty spot on the bench in the Great Hall. 

"Where's Hermione?" Harry asked.

"Parvati Patil said that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon...crying," Neville answered and then continued to eat.

Harry glances over at Ron with a disapproving look on his face; Ron shrugs. Suddenly the doors to the Great Hall shot wide open by a running Professor Quirell.

"TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! T-TROOLLL IN THE DUNGEON!" He shouted.

Dumbledore rises from his seat and everyone looks at him with concern. There was complete silence for a moment.

"Thought you ought to know," He said, passing out. Everyone's eyes widen and started screaming and rushing to get outside of the Great Hall.

"SILLLLLEEENNNNCEEEEE!" Dumbledore said loudly, getting everyone's attention. "Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons,"

Prefects started gathering around their housemates and went to their own respective common rooms.

"How could a troll get in?" Harry questioned.

"Not by itself. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes," Ron said blankly, not caring about the situation. Harry stops and pulls him aside. "What?"

"Hermione! She doesn't know!"

They both separate themselves from the crowd and started running towards the hall, they both stop as they hear a grunting noise and a large shadow on the wall.