YEAR I: CHAPTER 3

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬 𝟗 ¾

I stare at my wand. It was beautiful and really well made. I sighed and wonder what Mr Olivander meant when he said I was destined for something great. Greater than my Father, but I had to find a missing piece? I was deep in my thoughts when we suddenly stop in front of King's Cross Station.

"Here's your ticket," Professor Snape handed me the ticket. I take it and then went inside.

Platforms 9 3/4? I look around, and I couldn't see any platforms that matched my ticket. It was a bit confusing since it's my first time going on a train and going somewhere alone. I walk up to a guard and asked where the platform was.

"Platforms nine and three quarters, are you joking?" He laughed at me and walked off.

I sighed and continued to stare at my ticket. What do I do now?

"Excuse me-" Huh? I turn around to face a raven-haired boy with glasses on. "Are you also going to Hogwarts?"

He looks quite familiar...

"O-oh... uh, yes," I nodded and showed him my ticket. "Do you know where the platform is?" 

"No, not yet," He shook his head and gave a small smile. 

Erm... This is awkward. What do I do now? Uhh... I look at him, he was still looking around. Somehow, I feel like I know him from somewhere. He feels familiar. 

"I'm Y/n. Y/n Riddle." I introduced myself and offered my hand for him to shake. 

"Oh, I'm Harry. Harry Potter," He shook my hand.

I stood there frozen. Harry Potter. It's him. It's the boy whose parents was killed by my Father. I take my hand back after we shake our hands. 

"Le-let's go look for the platform, together?" I ask. He looks at me and nodded eagerly.

We both walk around to look for it and there was nothing. Is there some special way to do it? I wondered and tried to remember some stuff I read back at the orphanage. Suddenly, Harry had nudged me and pointed to a red-headed family. I look at him confused.

"What is it?" I question. He didn't answer and just kept looking at them. Is he... sad? 

"Now, what's the platform number?" said the woman.

"Nine and three-quarters!" piped a small girl who was holding the hand of what seemed to be her mother. 

My eyes widen. Nine and three-quarters! That's where we're going to!  

"Mom, can't I go?" 

"You're not old enough, Ginny, now be quiet. All right, Percy, you go first." 

I watched as one of them walks up in front of platforms nine and ten. I watched him closely, but just as the boy reached the platform, a large crowd of tourists came swarming in front of us. I sigh frustratedly trying to see what happened, I saw nothing as the last backpack had cleared away, he'd already vanished. 

Woah... Where did he go?

"Fred, you next," The woman motioned for one of the twins to go.

"He's not Fred, I am," One of them pointed out. 

"Honestly, woman, you call yourself our mother?" The other one said, shaking his head while moving to the front. 

"Sorry, George, dear," She apologized. 

He suddenly gave a cheeky smile. "I'm only joking, I am Fred," He runs through the wall with his brother following him. 

I laugh a bit at the joke. Must be a fun family. My smile suddenly turned into a small frown. I couldn't help but think about my own family. Do I even have one?

"Excuse us!" Harry nervously walked up to them. "C-could you tell us how to-" 

"How to get on the platform? Yes, not to worry, dear. It's Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well," I looked at the boy, he was tall, thin, and had freckles. He smiled at us, and I just nodded. "Now, all you've got to do is walk straight at the wall between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it at a bit of a run if you're nervous,"

Harry and I both exchange nervous looks. "I'll go first," He said, walking up between the platforms. 

I gulped and then nodded. The small girl wished us both good luck. Harry made a run for it, I quickly close my eyes in reflex thinking he would hit the wall. I open them and he was gone. I look at the woman. 

"Go on, dear," She smiled. 

I look at the wall. Okay, you can do this. I took a deep breath and made a run for it. I close my eyes as I was about to hit the wall.

I felt fresh air run through my face as I went through the wall. I slowly open my eyes and looked around in amazement. I took a few steps forward while looking at the train that was now in front of me.