YEAR I: CHAPTER 9

𝐎𝐟𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

I look at each book inside the library. I was looking for "The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection" as I hold onto my other book. I forgot to bring mine inside my dorm and was too lazy to get it. I finally found it, and just as I was about to grab it. "Y/n," Someone said beside me that made me jump in surprise. I put a hand on my chest and look to my side. It was Cedric. I took a deep breath as it was just him.

"Cedric," I close my eyes in relief. 

"Sorry," He apologized.

"It's alright," I say and grabbed the book I needed. "What- what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I'm looking for a book," He said, looking around. "Bestiarium Magicum,"

"That medieval book about magical creatures?"

"Yeah, do you know where it is?" I think for a moment, trying to remember where it was.

"I think it's right..." I walk over to the other side and look up at the shelves. He followed. I took out my wand and took out the book he needed "Here," I say and gave it to him.

"Thanks," He smiles.

"Your welcome," I smile back. I sat down by the window and opened the book I grabbed. I look at him as he just stood there, not knowing what to do. I hide a smile. "Well, aren't you going to read?"

"Oh, yeah, yes," He said. He sat down beside me and even struggled to open his book. I just laugh quietly behind mine.

I could feel him glancing at me from time to time. I look at him. "So, are you a bookworm?" I questioned.

He looked at me. I could tell he was shy. "Sort of, I'm kind of interested in Magical Creatures. My Dad is working for the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures,"

"Oh," I look at him. I wish I knew what my parents did back then.

"Sorry, was that a bit specific? What about you? Uh... Wh-what do your parents do?"

I look at him and then back down on my books. "I've never met them,"

"That's... I'm sorry," He apologized again. 

"You don't have to apologize, it's okay," I assure him. "But I do know one thing about my mom," 

"What is it?" He asked as if he were interested which I wasn't really sure if he was really interested.

"She's from this 'well-respected' family, Silveaux,"

"Silveaux? Your mom is a Silveaux?"

"I guess, I never really checked on it after I found out about it from Mr Olivander," 

"Ah, I feel like I've heard that somewhere before," He cocked his head to the side.

"Really?" I squeaked hopeful for a moment. 

"Maybe somewhere in the Daily Prophet, if I ever find out something, I'll tell you right away,"

Cedric was quite nice. We got to talking and knowing each other, I felt like I was knowing myself as well the longer I talked to him. It felt like time had slowed down somehow.

"You're a metamorphmagus?" He said, completely shocked. I nodded excitedly.

"Yeah, I found out when I bought a book about it. Here watch this," I turn my eyes and mouth like a bird. I even whistled.

"Can you turn into a teacher?" I suddenly turn into Snape and we both laugh. "That's amazing! You make a pretty good Snape impression,"

I smile at him, then that smile faded as I remember something.

I run to a group of kids in the orphanage and waved at them. "Hi," I smile shyly, All of them look at me weirdly. "I'm- I'm Y/n, can I play with you?"

"Of course," A girl said. I smile widely. "Not,"  She added smugly and pushed me to the side as all of the other kid's laugh at me. "We wouldn't want to play with a freak like you," My eyes suddenly flashed red as I glare at her. The girl suddenly floats up in the air. My eyes widen, the kid falls to the ground. "M-monster!" They all screamed as they run away from me.

"Wait! I- I didn't mean to," I whisper looking down at the ground.

"Y/n? Y/n? Are you okay?" Cedric called out.

I close my eyes and open them again. "Oh yeah, I'm fine. I just remembered something,"

"What is it?" He asked.

"Just memories," I smile.

We walk out of the library and walk to the great hall. "It was really nice to officially meet you," I nod at him and he laughs. 

"Same to you, I'll bump into you tomorrow?" He joked.

"For sure," I laugh. He was about to turn around and leave when I call out his name. "Oh, and Cedric, I had fun today," 

"Me too," We both exchange smiles and went to our tables. I sat down at the Gryffindor table where Hermione and the others were. 

"Well, someone's smiling brightly," Hermione teased as she flipped the pages of her book.

"I-" I was cut off by Ron. "Of course, I'm smiling I just got-"

"Not you, Ronald," She said, rolling her eyes.

"Then who-" He looks at me. I wave at him. "Oh, sorry. Hi, Y/n," Ron says, scratching his head looking at Harry wide-eyed.

"Hi, Y/n," The twins suddenly appeared beside me. "We heard you and Cedric Diggory were talking inside the library," George said, smirking.

"Wait, how'd you know?" I question, looking at George.

"We know everything, Y/n," Fred said. I look at him and leaned back.

"Actually, Lee Jordan just told us. He saw you two talking inside the library," George said, laughing. "What do you think of him? Charming ain't he?"

"I guess he's charming," I shrug. Weirdly charming.

"Y/n's got her first crush," Fred gasped teasingly.

"I just agreed with you! That doesn't mean I have a crush on him!"

Both of them just laugh at me. "We'll see you later, Y/n,"

I look over at Ron. "What?" he said, talking with his mouth full. I just shake my head and lean over to Hermione.

"Do you think everyone knows?" I whisper.

"Probably, Cedric is one of the most popular boys in school," She whispered back. We both look at the Hufflepuff table.

"How come you know that, and I don't?" I look at her, and she shrugged. I sigh and bury my head inside the book. I hope he doesn't get teased for it as I do. I rest my chin on my hand and started to read.

 I rest my chin on my hand and started to read