YEAR I: CHAPTER 10

𝐈𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐓𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫
WARNING: LONG CHAPTER

When we left the dungeons at the end of potions class, we found a large fir tree blocking the corridor ahead. Two sticking feet out at the bottom and a loud puffing sound that made us know 'it was Hagrid. 

"Hi, Hagrid, want some help?" Ron asked, sticking his head through the bushes. 

"Nah, I'm all right, thanks, Ron,"

"Would you mind moving out of the way?" came Malfoy's cold drawl from behind us. "Are you trying to earn some extra money, Weasley? Hoping to be gamekeeper yourself when you leave Hogwarts, I suppose -- that hut of Hagrid's must seem like a palace compared to what your family's used to,"

My eyes widen. "Ron, no!" I shout. Ron dived at Malfoy just as Snape came down the stairs.

"WEASLEY!" Snape had shouted. Ron let go of Malfoy's robes.

"He was provoked, Professor Snape," said Hagrid, sticking his huge hairy face out the tree. "Malfoy was insultin' his family," I nodded in agreement.

"Be that as it may, fighting is against Hogwarts rules, Hagrid," said Snape silkily. "Five points from Gryffindor, Weasley, and be grateful it isn't more. Move along, all of you,"

Just as Malfoy was about to leave I grab his arm. "Give this to your parents and send them my regards," I hand him a letter. I was invited to celebrate Christmas at the Malfoy Manor with Draco's family. I don't know how they know me, but it's rude not to send them a letter. He grabbed the letter and left with his goons without saying anything.

"What was that about?" Ron questioned.

"It's nothing, his parents invited me to their mansion or something," I answer.

"You got invited to their house?" Harry said. I nodded.

"Are you two getting along now?" Ron questioned and started to glare.

"No, I barely even know him and his family," I shake my head. "Even though I hate his guts as much as you do, I still do know the word respect,"

"I hate him," Harry said. "Malfoy and Snape,"

"Come on, cheer up, it's nearly Christmas," said Hagrid. "Tell yeh what, come with me an'see the Great Hall, looks a treat."

The four of us follow him and his tree off to the Great Hall, where Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick were busy with Christmas decorations.

"Ah, Hagrid, the last tree — put it in the far corner, would you?" 

The hall looked spectacular. Festoons of holly and mistletoe hung all around the walls, and no less than twelve towering Christmas trees stood around the room, some sparkling with tiny icicles, some glittering with hundreds of candles.

"How many days you got left until yer holidays?" Hagrid asked.

"Just two," said Hermione. "And that reminds me — Harry, Ron, Y/n, we've got a half-hour before lunch, we should be in the library,"

"Oh yeah, you're right," said Ron, tearing his eyes away from Professor Flitwick.

"The Library?" Hagrid said, following us out of the hall. "Just before the Holidays? Bit keen, aren't yeh?"

"Oh, we're not working," I told him. "Ever since you mentioned Nicolas Flamel we've been trying to find out who he is,"

"You what?" Hagrid looked shocked. "Listen here -- I've told yeh -- drop it. It's nothin' to you what that dog's guardin',"