YEAR I: CHAPTER 8

𝐇𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐞𝐩𝐮𝐟𝐟 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐅𝐥𝐮𝐟𝐟𝐲
WARNING: LONG CHAPTER

Halloween had ended. November came with the coldest of air it could bring. We were all outside at the freezing courtyard during break, getting our backs warm with a jar of blue flame Hermione had made. I was reading the daily prophet that Ron's mom sent him. There was nothing much interesting, but I just wanted to read it. So that I could be caught up in the wizarding world and all. We notice Snape was going to pass by, and we all stand closer to each other to block the fire from the view; we weren't exactly sure it would be allowed. I just continue reading the daily prophet as he walks towards us.

"What have you got there, Potter?" He said. I look over at Harry as he shows the book to Professor Snape. "Library books are not to be taken outside the school,"

"But Harry and I got permission from Madam Pince," I say. 

He looks at me as if I've ruined something. He gave it back to Harry and left without saying anything.

"Thanks, Y/n," said Harry.

"No problem, he's just probably having a bad day," I shrugged.

"He's always having a bad day," Ron sneered at the back of Professor Snape. "I reckon, if Y/n wasn't a Slytherin he would've taken that book,"

"Oh, that's not true!" I argue.

"Snape favours Slytherins, especially, Y/n,"

"Not that-"

"Hey, Y/n," I was cut off by Cedric who was passing by. He smiled at me.

"Hey," I smile back.

I watch as he sat down by the courtyard as well with his friends.

"Who was that?" Ron asked as he looked at Cedric. 

"No one," I say, and gave back his daily prophet. "And will you stop looking at him!"

"I think she fancies him," Hermione teased.

"I just bumped into him two times," I say and look at him as he laughs with his friends. "That doesn't mean I like him,"

"Or maybe he fancies you," She smiled.

"You know what, come on, let's just go," I say, and grab the jar. I glance one last time and caught him looking at me. "Please," I look away, laughing as I push the three of them back inside while they teased me. 

A few days had passed and every time they saw Cedric, they'd tease me and point at him as if that wasn't enough to embarrass me. I sat down at the Gryffindor Table hiding behind a book just in case anything embarrassing happens, I'd be prepared.

"What're you doing?" Harry questioned.

"Hiding," I answer. "How about you? Why aren't you eating?"

"I'm not hungry,"

"I tried giving him some toast, but he didn't want to," Hermione sighed.

"Well, you need strength for today. I just came to sit here to wish you good luck," I say. "So, you better eat, Slytherins don't play that nice,"

Harry gulped and then nodded. I patted him in the back and grabbed a piece of toast. I look around and spotted Cedric at the Hufflepuff table. I felt Hermione look at me so I looked back at her, "Erm... What?" I ask, innocently.

"Spotted someone?" She teased. I scoff.

"It's nothing, drop it. He's just somebody I know," I avoided her eyes and just continued to eat.