YEAR I: CHAPTER 15

WARNING: LONG CHAPTER

𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

I read books after books and waited until the Slytherin common room had emptied. When the last student went up the stairs, I quickly grabbed my sweater and went to the third floor with no problem. I quietly wait inside for Harry, Hermione and Ron. I stared at the three-headed dog, and it was terrifying. I shuddered in fear and tried not to wake it up. 

"Y/n!" It was Hermione. I look up, and the three of them appeared out of nowhere.

"Thank god, I thought you backed out!" I whisper in relief. 

"We wouldn't- wait a minute... he's sleeping," Ron realized. The three of them looked at me.

"It wasn't me. The harp was playing when I got here," I explained, shaking my hands. 

"Snape's already been here," Harry concluded as we approach fluffy. 

The breath of the dog slaps on our faces making me scrunch my nose a bit.

"Uh! It's got horrible breath!" Ron complained.

"We have to move its paw," Harry walked towards the dog and slowly crouches down to its level. 

"What?!" 

Ron's eyes widen. I shrugged and walked towards them to help move its paw. 

"Come on!" Harry groaned. We grabbed its paw, which was blocking the trapdoor, a bit worried that it might wake up. 

"Okay, push!" We pushed and moved the paw to the side, opening the trapdoor after. 

"I'll go first..." Harry explained, but I noticed something different, something really different. My eyes widen in realization. 

"If something bad happens, get yourselves out," Harry finished. "Does it seem a bit... quiet?" 

"The harp. It stopped playing," I gulped as we look back at the harp. 

"Ugh! Yuck!" Ron grossly said as drool comes down on his shoulder. 

We slowly look up, taking our time, wishing that it wasn't awake, but it was. It was horrifying, the dog was towering over us and growling loudly. 

"Jump!" Harry shouted, and I quickly obliged. 

 As I was falling, I could hear Fluffy's barks and Ron's screams. 

◈ ━━━━━━ ⸙ ━━━━━━ ◈