YEAR I: CHAPTER 13

𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬
WARNING: LONG CHAPTER

I was hiding behind a tree, watching an old man backing away from a man with a cloak floating in the dark. "Please, no, please, My Lord," The man begged.

"Avada Kedavara!" The man in the cloak cast, making a green flash of light. My eyes widen as the old man died. I gasped, I quickly covered my mouth, but the man in the cloak already turned around and had seen me.

I started to run, run deep into the forest, jumping over broken branches, getting away from the blinding darkness coming after me. I heard screaming and crying. I ignored it and kept on running. Everything was a blur to me inside my head was just a big blur. I ran fast as I could just to get far away as I could from the monster beneath the dark. I get caught on a broken branch, I look behind me, and it was catching up. I tried to pull and tug on my shirt, but it was no use. "No, no, please," I cried out. He was getting close, black smoke slowly crawled up on me like it was eating me up. "Please," I whispered closing my eyes.

My eyes shot wide open as my heart was felt like someone was pinching it inside and trying to crush it into ashes. I put my hand on my chest as I take deep breaths. Tears started rolling down my cheeks endlessly. I was hurting so much and I don't know why. I wanted to scream inside but I couldn't. Everything that was going on in my mind was now a mess full of unfinished sentences, purposes, and memories that I once knew, was now lost. I was lost.

I decided to sit by the fire, in the common room. It was already 4:30 in the morning. So, it was just fine. It was warm, and I felt much better, but somehow I still ended up bursting into tears.

We did our exams today, and I think I did a pretty good job. Hermione always liked to go through our exam papers afterwards, Ron, and I said it made us feel ill, so we wandered down to the lake and flopped under the tree.

I was with Fred, George, and Lee Jordan tickling the tentacles of a giant squid. I giggled a bit when it splashed us a bit of water.

"How were your exams, Y/n?" Fred said as we sat down by the tree to rest for a bit while George and Lee Jordan continue to tickle the giant squid.

"I think I did better than I expected," I laugh nervously. I really hope I did well, I still want to come back to Hogwarts. "What about you?"

"George and I will pass, sure of that. If we don't we'll just see you around," Fred joked.

I nodded seriously. "Well, it was nice to meet you, Fred. We had a good run of jokes," I joked along with him and we both laugh.

"But in all seriousness, I don't think I would see you around,"

I look at him confused. "Why's that?"

He leaned in and whispered. "Because I'd probably be dead," We both burst into laughter. "Mum would kill us if we didn't pass. We'd be dead before we even step one foot in the house,"

"What's it like growing up in a big family?" I ask curiously.

"Well, don't tell George, Ron and Percy this, but it's fun growing up with them and I love them more than the whole world," He smiled while watching his brother tickle the tentacles of the giant squid.

I can only imagine how fun it is. I just smile at him and nod. "That sounds cool," I say while nodding.

"Y/n!" I hear Hermione call out. I excuse myself from and Fred and quickly run towards them.