YEAR I: CHAPTER 4 (Part 2)

WARNING: LONG CHAPTER

"Bertie Bott's Every Flavoured Beans?" Harry questioned. I curiously look at it.

"They mean every flavour! There's chocolate and peppermint, and there's also spinach, liver, and tripe. George sweared he got a bogey-flavoured one once!" Ron said.

Harry and I both exchanged weird looks. Harry quickly takes out the bean he was chewing out of his mouth. He took another candy, while I grabbed one of the gummies. I never got to eat candy at the orphanage. I didn't even have friends back then. Now, I even have friends to eat candy with.

"These aren't real frogs are they?" He asked.

"They probably wouldn't give real frogs to students, Harry," I say and fed Sly.

"It's just a spell. Besides, it's the cards you want. Each pack's got a famous witch or wizard. I got about 500 me-self," Ron explained.

Harry opened the package and the chocolate frog almost hit me luckily I dodged it and then it jumped onto the window getting blown by the wind.

"Watch it! Oh, that's rotten luck. They've only got one good jump in them, to begin with," Ron sighed.

"I got Dumbledore!" Harry smiled.

"Let me see," I look towards his way and he showed me.

"I got about 6 of them," Ron shared.

While we were talking, there was a knock on the door. It was a round-faced boy. "Sorry," he said, "but have you seen a toad at all?"

We shook our heads and he wailed, "I've lost him! He keeps getting away from me!"

"He'll turn up," said Harry.

"Yes," the boy said miserably. "Well, if you see him..." He left.

"Don't know why he's so bothered," said Ron. "If I'd brought a toad I'd lose it as quick as I could. Mind you, I brought Scabbers, so I can't talk," Scabbers was his pet rat.

The rat was still snoozing on Ron's lap. "He might have died and you wouldn't know the difference," said Ron in disgust. "I tried to turn him yellow yesterday to make him more interesting, but the spell didn't work. I'll show you, look..."

Harry and I exchanged curious looks. Ron rummaged around his trunk and pulled out a battered-looking wand. It was chipped in places and something white was glinting at the end.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Unicorn hair, anyway-" He was interrupted by the compartment door sliding open.

The toadless boy was back, but this time she had a girl with him. She was even wearing her new Hogwarts robes.

"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," she said. The three of us looked at each other and shook our heads.

"We've already told him we haven't seen it," Ron said.

"Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see it, then." She ignored what Ron had said and sat down beside me. I shrugged and watch Ron.

"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow," There was a flash of light but nothing else had happened. Scabbers stayed gray and asleep.

"Are you sure that's a real spell?" said the girl. "Well, it's not very good, is it? I've tried a few simple spells just for practice and it's all worked for me. For example," She pointed her wand at Harry's glasses. My eyes widen.

"Oculus Reparo," It fixed Harry's glasses and it was good as new.

"Holy Cricket, you're Harry Potter," She said smiling widely. She turned to Ron and me. "And you are?"