YEAR I: CHAPTER 2

𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭

A month had passed, the man Dumbledore went with visited me quite often. He taught me simple things about the wizarding World, enlightened me to everything, and left me a few old Daily Prophets, it was like the newspaper of the wizarding world. The pictures in it even moved!

One article in the Daily Prophet had caught my eye. A boy named Harry Potter. A boy who survived the killing curse. A boy whose parents was killed by my father. I sat there stunned at what I just read. Everything I knew about him completely changed. He was completely different to what I imagined he would be, he was a monster.

A few days had passed since I read the article, I never forgot about it, it haunts me every day. I shook it off and waited for Professor Snape, who would pick me up to go to someplace called Diagon Alley.

"Professor, how exactly are we going to get there?" I ask, looking up at him. He's quite tall, you know? Also, I get the feeling he's afraid or intimidated by me. It's strange.

We were going to this place called Diagon Alley.

He didn't answer my question and just kept on walking. We went inside to some sort of pub. I did my best to keep close to him. There were plenty of other people there and they all looked harmless. Kind of.

We went outside, and there was a brick wall in front of us. He used his wand and pointed to a certain place on the bricks. My jaw dropped when the bricks started to move revealing witches and wizards walking around with their friends or families. "Wow," I whisper in awe as I we pass by shops and other people doing a little bit of magic.

I was looking around when we both stop in front of a shop called Olivander's: Makers of fine wands since 382 BC. Am I getting a wand?

"Go inside and get your wand. Stay here and I will come back, do not wander off and speak to people you do not know. I do not tolerate bad behaviour," He said with a very monotone voice.

"Well, where are you going?" I ask.

"Official Hogwarts business, that is none of your concern,"

"Why can't I come with you?"

"I-" He sighed. "Go inside and wait for me,"

He left after I went inside. He's nice. I thought as I watch him walk off. I looked around the shop and there were plenty of boxes around and smelled of freshly cut wood. There was no one inside, I slowly walk up to the table.

"Hello?" I call out.

A man suddenly appeared from the top of the stairs. "Ah, Miss Riddle, I've been expecting you,"

I look at him confused. Expecting me? Does he know me?

"It seems like only yesterday when your Father came in here to get his wand," He pulled out a box and took out the wand inside it, then handed it to me. I just stare at it. "Well, give it a wave,"

"Oh," I waved the wand and it made the vase shatter into pieces. My eyes widen, I quickly put it on the table.

"Hmm, not that one... Maybe this one," He gave me another wand, and I gave it a swish. It made boxes fall out of the wall.

"Sorry," I mumbled and gave him back the wand.

"Oh, no, no, definitely not that one," He goes to the back. I just stand still, afraid that I might cause more damage to the shop. "Perhaps, this one," He handed me a beautifully polished white wand with a black dragon with a gem in its mouth at the half of the wand making it its handles.

As soon as I touch it black smoke had surrounded me with the wind blowing through my hair.  "Woah," I breathe.

"Fascinating," The man said as if he just witnessed something important or 'fascinating'.

"Sorry, but what do you mean?" I question.

"This wand is specially made, Ms Riddle, and I remember every wand I've ever sold," The man began. "Its core is made from the legendary Dragon Siblings. It is fascinating that these two dragons are still loyal to the name engraved on that wand,"

I look at the wand by the handles and there was something engraved on it."Sil...veaux? Silveaux? Who's that?"

"A well-respected family in the wizarding world, Miss Riddle, I assure you will know what it is when the time comes," He smiled. "You're destined for something great, Miss Riddle, not like your Father, something greater, and to achieve this is to find the missing piece. When you do it is your choice to choose what your greatness will bring,"

 When you do it is your choice to choose what your greatness will bring,"