YEAR I: CHAPTER 12

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐞

Christmas had ended, and Exams were coming up. Hermione was back from the holidays, and we were now at the Great Hall studying. Nyx and Hedwig just flew down to our table. I pet Nyx as she cooed.

"Look at you playing with your cards. Pathetic! We've got final exams coming up soon," Hermione said at Ron.

"I'm ready! Ask me any question," Ron confidently said.

Harry and I looked at them both, smirking cheekily.

"All right, what are the three most crucial ingredients in a Forgetfulness Potion?" Hermione questioned.

Ron looked down and frowned. "I forgot,"

We both snorted.

"And what, may I ask, do you plan to do if this comes up in the final exam?"

"Copy off you and Y/n?"

I shot him a look that made him gulp.

"Or maybe just you," He said weakly looking at Hermione.

"No, you won't! Besides, according to Professor McGonagall, we're to be given special quills bewitched with an anti-cheating spell."

"That's insulting! It's as if they don't trust us!" He said, looking over at Harry and me. We just shrugged. "Dumbledore again!" He irritatedly looked at his card.

Suddenly I hear students laughing. I look to my side. It was Neville jumping towards us, his feet were locked up together. It must've been Malfoy.

"You have got to start standing up to people, Neville," Ron said.

Neville was wobbling uncontrollably. "How? I can barely stand at all!"

"I'll do the counter curse," Seamus suddenly stood up.

"No, that's all I need... you to set my bloody kneecaps on fire!" Neville disapprovingly said.

I giggle a bit remembering, Seamus' previous explosions.

Seamus slammed his wand angrily on the table. "I don't appreciate the insinuation, Longbottom. Besides, if anyone cares to notice, my eyebrows have completely grown back!" He stalked off angrily, showing a large piece of hair missing from the back of his head, which made me laugh.

"I found him!" Harry suddenly says. I look at him as he hands the card to Ron.

" 'Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the Dark Wizard Grindelwald in 1945–'" Ron reads.

"Go on,"

" '-for his discovery of the 12 uses of Dragon Blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner Nicolas Flamel!' " Ron excitedly finished.

I know that! That's why it sounded familiar!

"Follow me!" Hermione said, beaming with excitement. They gathered all of her stuff and runoff. I gathered mine and was about to run.

"Hey, wait, where are you going? What about the counter-curse?!" Neville called out.

Oh, right. I take out my wand and did the counter curse, but it was too late. He had already fallen on the ground, which made everyone laugh. "Oops," I uttered. I quickly followed the three as Neville shouted his Thanks.

I grab the book named Alchemy, Ancient Art, and Science and put it on the table.

"I had you looking in the wrong section! How could I be so stupid? I checked this out a few weeks ago for a bit of light reading," Hermione said, turning the book to face her.

"This is light?" Ron questioned, looking at the book. Hermione shot him a look and then continued to turn the pages.

"Of course! Here it is!" She reads the description on the page. "Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Philosopher's Stone!"

"The what?" Harry and Ron said in unison.

I sigh in disbelief. "Honestly, don't you two read? 'The Philosopher's Stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. It will turn any metal into pure gold and produces the Elixir of Life, which will make the drinker immortal.' " I told them. I've read it before on my first day in the library, that's probably why I've forgotten about it.

"Immortal?" Ron repeats.

"It means you'll never die," Hermione commented.

"I know what it means!" He grumbled.

"Shh!" Harry shushed.

I grab the book and continued to read. "The only Stone currently in existence belongs to Mr Nicholas Flamel, the noted alchemist, who last year celebrated his 665th birthday!"

"That's what Fluffy's guarding on the 3rd floor. That's what's under the trapdoor...the Philosopher's Stone!" Hermione concluded.

After we found out the philosopher's stone. We somehow decided to learn the leg-locker curse just in case Snape shows any sign of wanting to hurt Harry during his match today. I was sitting beside Hermione and Ron, and as usual, they were fighting or just annoying each other. Snape just walked onto the field looking angry? Ron had noticed it too.

"I've never seen Snape look so mean," He told us. "Look -- they're off. Ouch!" I look at Ron's side.

"Oh, sorry, Weasley, didn't see you there," Malfoy grinned at his goons.

I rolled my eyes as I was too tired to fight him right now. I'd been sleeping badly again, my head hurts all the time, and I feel like I could sleep at any place, even right now.

"Wonder how long Potter's going to stay on his broom this time? Anyone want a bet? What about you, Weasley?"

"I want to take on a bet on How long it's going to make you shut up," I glared at him.

He glared back at me. "You're nothing but a disgrace, hanging out with people like the Weasley's and a muggle-born Gryffindor," He shot back walking towards me.

I scoffed so hard that maybe even the players on the field heard it. "At least, I'm not picking on someone just to feel superior," We both glared at each other for so long that Hermione had to pull me away and calm me down.

"I hate him," I muttered.

"I know, just ignore him, Y/n. Let's just focus on the game," She said.

"Right, sorry,"

I sigh and just watch Harry play. I couldn't really focus much because of Draco's side comments every few minutes and just as Harry was winning. Ron couldn't watch it because had tackled Malfoy down to the ground, to which I just ignored and happily cheered for Harry and him.

We were now waiting for Harry by the corridor, Ron had been going on about how he kicked Malfoy's arse to which I laughed at until my sight was flashed by a white light.

It was quick flashes of something.

"Jump!"
"Oh, great, I can relax, now!"
"Alohamora! Alohamora!"
"Checkmate,"
"My daughter,"

"Y/n, what're you doing? Come on!" Harry called out. I catch my breath and looked at him startled. No one else saw that? I shook it off and quickly followed them to an empty room.

Harry was talking about how Snape was up to something and Quirell was our only hope or something. I couldn't focus because of what I just saw. What... was that?

 was that?