Chapter 9

They were now stuck in the mines

They were now stuck in the mines. The entrance was nowhere to be seen having tons of rocks fallen down.   "We now have but  one choice"  Gandalf turns on his staff and Yérena with her powers she makes light out of her magic so they can see.   "We must face the  long dark of Moria.  Be on your guard. There are older fouler things than orcs in the deep places of the world.  They keep moving.  "Quietly now. It's a four days journey to the other side" Gandalf tells them. 

Grace hasn't said much since her ordeal with the sea monster. Merry puts his hand on her shoulder but that makes her jump up out of fear but she turns and sees it's only him.  She sighes "Merry"  Merry smiles at her "Are you alright?" Grace shakes her head "Let's just keep moving"

They have now been walking and climbing until they come up to three different entrances. Gandalf sees them first and is confused.  Yérena is right behind him and sees that he's staring at the three entrances.  "Hey what's wrong?" She asks him.  He turns to her "I have no memory of this place.  They all sit down and wait until Gandalf remembers. 

Yérena is sitting beside Boromir but then she sees that Grace is very quiet, more than usual. Yérena walks up to her and sits down.  "Are you okay?"  Grace looks at her and sighes "I don't know. I mean i was almost eaten by a sea monster"  Yérena sighes "Well i was almost thrown away off a cliff by my own father, so we both have a share of traumatic experiences"  They both starts to laugh. Grace smiles "Thank you. It's was nice to talk to someone who has also gone through something traumatic."  Yérena smiles "Yeah well if i were you i would talk to my best friend" Grace smiles "Who is yours" Yérena chuckles "Boromir. We have been through a lot together. So talk to Frodo" Grace smiles and nods, Yérena stands up and walks back to Boromir. 

Grace walks up to Frodo. "Hi" Frodo turns to her and smiles "Hey"  Grace stands next to him. "If i wanna talk about what happened to me, you're there right?"  Frodo smiles "Of course i am. We are best friends." Grace smiles and nods "Good"  

Suddenly Frodo turns like he sees something.  Grace looks at him confused "What is it?" Frodo takes her hands and runs up to Gandalf.  "There is something down there" Frodo tells Gandalf.  "It's Gollum" Grace gasps "Gollum?"  "He's been following us for three days."  Frodo looks at him confused "He escaped the dungeons of Barad-dur?"  Gandalf turns to look at Frodo "Escaped.. or was set loose.  He hates and loves the ring as he hates and loves himself. He will never be rid of his need for it"  Frodo sighes "It's a pity Bilbo didn't kill  him when he had the chance"  Gandalf turns to look at Frodo again "Pity? There is  pity that stayed Bilbo's hand.  Many that live deserve death, some that die deserve life.  Can you give it to them Frodo? Do not bee too eager to deal out death and judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends"  Grace listens to every word that Gandalf says.  

"My heart tells me that Gollum has some part to play yet.  For good or ill before this is over. The pity of Bilbo may rule the fate of many" Gandalf tells them.  Frodo sighes and sits down, Grace sits beside him.  "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happended" "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." Frodo gulps and looks down, You can see he is having a hard time with it."  Grace takes his hand and squeezes it in comfort.  "There are other forces  at work in this world, Frodo besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the ring and in which case you were also meant to have it  and you Grace was meant to help him with it. And that is an encouraging thought. 

Gandalf looks up "Ah" It's that way. Everyone stands up to follow. "He's remembered" Merry shouts with Gandalf answers "No but the air doesn't smell so foul down there. If in doubt Meriadoc, always follow your nose" And they all follow him.  "Let me risk a little more light" The light shines and everyone is in awe. "Behold the great realm and dwarf-city of Dwarrowdelf" It's so beautiful.  

After walking a bit and when they turned they see even more corpses outside a room  "Ah" Gimli screams and runs inside. "Gimli" Gandalf sighes and they all walk after him.  Inside the room is a tomb and even more corpses laying around. "No" Gimli cries out.  Yérena walks up to the tomb reading what it says. "Here lies Balin son of Fundin. Lord of Moria" Yérena looks back at Gimli with pity.  Gandalf sighes "He is dead then. It's as i feared"  Gandalf gives Pippin his staff and hat before he takes a book from one of the corpses.  

Legolas turns to Galadhien and Aragorn. "We must move on, we  cannot linger."  Gandalf starts reading from the book "They have taken the bridge  and the second hall.  We have barred the gates  but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums. drums in the deep.  We cannot get out. A shadow moves in the dark.  We cannot get out. They are coming"  Suddenly they hear a bang and they see that Pippin has touched a corpse which  that has fallen down a well.   They all know this is not good.  

Grace is going through a lot :( i hope you guys like this chapter and pls tell me your thoughts.