Chapter 24

Now the battle begins

All the bowmen and woman including Galadhien and Legolas starts drawing their arrows.  Aragorn shouts "Now"  They all shoot.  Gimli looks at Galadhien and Legolas "Did they hit anything?"  Galadhien smiles "Yes"  

Théoden turns to his right hand "Give them a wolley"  He nods and shouts "Fire!"  They shoot even more arrows.  They just keep on shouting their arrows.  Gimli is ready "Send them to me, come on"  Now the uruk-hai's are getting close to the wall.  They have crossbows that they start shooting down Ronan men and elves.  Galadhien can feel the chaos.  

The uruk-hai's have now put up the ladders to clim up to the wall.  Aragorn sees it.  "Swords! Swords!" Everyone takes up their swords.  Galadhien takes up her daggers.  Now the first uruk-hai's comes up.  Galadhien sees one running towards her.  She takes up two of her daggers.  She throws the uruk-hai to the ground and stabs the daggers into his eyes and kills him instantly.  She jumps up and keep finding Uruk-hai's to kill.

Joanna had now left her father's side to help the others and to avenge her love.  She sees a Uruk-hai coming behind Galadhien.  Joanna runs up and stabs it through the back.  Galadhien smiles and nods.  Joanna nods back,  

Suddenly Joanna see an uruk-hai's that's trying to explode the wall.  "Aragorn"  He looks at her and she points. Aragorn's eyes widen and he shouts at Legolas to shoot him and Legolas almost there and before the uruk's hai throws himself to the ground and the wall explodes.  

Everyone falls to the ground,  Théoden sees this is not good "Brace the gate!"  Many men are throwing stones at the urukhai's that's trying to go through the gate.  

Both Aragorn and Galadhien fell to the grass.  They wake up when they hear tons of Uruk-hai's marching.  Galadhien helps Aragorn up. Gimli sees them coming.  "Galadhien! Aragorn!"  He jumps from what's left of the wall and jumps to the grass.  He comes in a pool of water and he comes under it.  

Joanna  and the other soldiers are behind Galadhien and Aragorn and they are running towards the uruk-hai's.  Legolas is coming down the wall and starts shooting uruk-hai's.  

Galadhien runs up to the water and pulls up Gimli from the water.  

They keep on fighting.  Until Aragorn hear someone of Théoden's men shouting "Aragorn, get your men out of there"  Aragorn looks to find Haldir and he sees him finally "Haldir!" Haldir is put at the wall fighting.  Aragorn tells him the same, Haldir nods.   Legolas and Galadhien are pulling Gimli "What are you doing? What are you stopping for?"  Joanna runs  with her soldiers.  

Haldir is telling his men to retreat when a uruk-hai comes up to him and stabs him in the stomach, he kills the uruk-hai.  He feels himself getting weak when another Uruk-hai comes and stabs him in the back.  Aragorn sees this, his friend being killed.  "Haldir!"  He runs up to the wall to help him.  Haldir can feel himself slipping away and all he can think about is Grace.  He falls into Aragorn's arms.  Aragorn looks at him "Haldir?"   Haldir looks at him "If you see her.  Tell her i love her and give her what i have in my pocket"  Haldir looks up at the sky and stops breathing, he's dead.  Aragorn put his hand into's Haldir's pocket and takes out a ring.  Aragorn sighes and put the ring into his own pocket.   Aragorn stands up and goes down on one of the ladders.  

  Théoden draw his sword "To the gate, draw your swords"  Théoden and  his men walk to the gates.  Joanna is already there fighting off the uruk-hai for getting in.  Théoden push her back "Let me do it"  She sighes at her father.  A uruk-hai push a spear into his armour, Joanna is shocked.  Théoden pushes back the spear and kills the uruk-hai but he's injured.  Joanna takes her father back.  Her father's right hand man turns to them both "We can't hold much longer" Jonna sighes but then Aragorn comes running in.  Joanna turns to Aragorn "Hold them!"  Aragorn looks at her while fighting "How long do you need?"  Joanna turns to her father who just nods.  She turns back at Aragorn "As long as you will give me"  Aragorn nods and turns to Gimli "Gimli"  They run another way. 

"Timbers! Brace the gates!" Joanna shouts.  

Galadhien and Legolas are by the higher wall shooting arrows.  Galadhien turns to Legolas "Don't leave me"  Legolas smiles "I won't"

Gimli and Aragorn comes from another door so are at the outside of the gate.  They quietly and carefully a looking how they are gonna get to the uruk-hai's.  "Come on! We can take them" Gimli shouts out.  Aragorn looks at Gimli "It's a long way"  Gimli relaises that and then sighes.  "Toss me"  He whispers.  Aragorn looks at him stunned.  "What?" Gimli sighes "I cannot jump the distance! You will have to toss me"  Aragorn nods slowly and when he's just about to Gimli stops him "Don't tell the elves"  Aragorn smiles "Not a word"  Aragorn without a warning tosses Gimli over to the gate.  Aragorn then jumps over and they start fighting the uruk-hai.  

Joanna and Théoden sees that Aragorn and Gimli are there.  "Shore up the door!" They shout.  Few of the men come over to do just that.  

Outside the uruk-hai have a big like crossbow to get up to the wall where Galadhien and Legolas are standing.  They put up even more ladders.  Galadhien and Legolas starts shooting them down with their arrows and Galadhien is also throwing her daggers.  Legolas cuts down the rope that makes the ladder stand so it falls down.  She looks at him proudly and she cuts down another rope and another ladder falls down.   

By the gate.  "Hold fast the gate"  Joanna shouts.  Théodred through the hole of the gate turns to Aragorn and Gimli "Aragorn and Gimli get out of there"  Uruk-hai starts coming behind them.  But luckily Legolas  and Galadhien  is at the wall over them.  "Aragorn!" Legolas shouts and throws down a rope.  Aragorn takes Gimli around his arm and starts climbing up and Legolas and Galadhien are helping them by pulling the rope.  Finally they are close enough so Galadhien and Legolas can pull them up.  

Théodred looks at his right hand man "Pull everyone back"  Joanna looks at her father "Are you sure"  He nods.   Joanna at her father's man "Pull them back"  She follows her father.  "Fall back"  Théodred's man shouts.   "They have broken through.  The castle is breached. Retreat!" Galadhien, Legolas, Aragorn and Gimli runs inside.  It's not over.  

I hope you guys like this chapter and please tell me your thoughts.