Chapter 35

MORDOR

MORDOR

Grace, Sam and Frodo comes down the mountain and they see something remarkable.  "Look, the orcs."  Sam tells them.   "They're moving off."   Sam turns to Frodo.  "You see, Mr. Frodo.  Some luck at last."   "Come on guys, we need to continue."  Grace tells them.  They nod and continue walking.  

After walking a while, Frodo sits down, he needs water.  He starts to try drinking from his own but there's no water left.   Grace sits down next to him, she looks at her brother, worried for Frodo.    Sam walks up to Frodo.  "Here take mine,  i have a few drops left."     Frodo takes his water and drinks the few drops that are left.   Grace looks at Frodo with pity.  

"There will be none left for the return journey."  Frodo tells them.   "I don't think there will be a return journey, Mr.  Frodo."   Frodo looks at Grace first and she's looking down with tears streaming down her face.  

The Ronan Army is now standing outside the gates of Mordor.  Joanna, Merry, Pippin, Eomer, Yéreana, Galadhien, Aragorn, Gimli,  Legolas and Gandalf, is there.  

Joanna is thinking about that she is gonna lead her people into battle and probably into death.  

Grace, Frodo and Sam are getting to closer to Mount doom and then see the eye of Sauron light up.  "Get down!" Sam shouts.  Grace does but she sees Frodo is still standing up.  "Frodo! She screams.  She sees as Frodo locks eyes with Sauron's eye and collapses to the ground.  

The army is watching at the gates but no one is coming.  "Where are they?" Pippin asks.  The company rides up to the gate, except Joanna who stays back with her people.    

"Let the lord of the Black land come forth!" Aragorn shouts.   "Let justice be done upon him."  

And then slowly the gate opens and they see Sauron's army.   "Fall back."  Aragorn shouts.  

Joanna turns to her army.  "Be ready."  

As the eye is not watching them anymore,  Grace crawls to Frodo. "It's gone Frodo, the eye's focus is on something else."  Frodo slowly stands up with help of Grace.  

The company rides fast back to the Army and Joanna.  "Hold your ground!"  Aragorn shouts to them.  

"Sons of Gondor and Rohan, my brothers.  I see in your eyes fear but you have nothing to fear.  Because Rohan you have your queen and Gondor... you have me.   A day may come where the courage of men fails  when we forsake our friends  and break all bonds of fellowship.   But today is not that day.  An hour of wolves and shattered shields  when the age  of men comes crashing down.  But it is not this day, this day we fight!"  Aragorn tells them all.  

"By all that you hold dear on this good earth, i bid you stand, men of the west."  

Frodo, Sam and Grace keeps going up the mountain.  They are all so exhausted but they need to continue.  But it's too much for Frodo and he falls down.  Grace takes a deep breath, she is so tired.