Chapter 31

RIVENDELL

RIVENDELL

Through the halls you could hear Isla screaming in agony. It wasn't expected for her to give birth in months. "Isla, breathe." The healers tells her. "Why is this happening now? The baby is not supposed to be here for months." One of the healers walks up to the side of her bed and sits down on her bed. "Isla, did your mother ever tell you about elvish children that were born early, do you know the reason?" Isla grunts. "Just tell me" The healer nods. "Well it's been told that an elvish infant can feel when one of their parents are in danger or in a dangerous situation. Your child i think can feel the war coming and is scared. Your baby wants to comfort you." Isla sighes, she can feel the tears coming. "I just wished Yéreana was here." She sure hopes she's alright.

THE MOUNTAINS

"What kind of army would linger in such a place" Gimli asks the company. "One that is cursed." Yéreana answers. Legolas nods. "Long ago, the men of the mountains swore an oath to the last king of Gondor, to come to his aid.. to fight. But when the time came. When Gondor's need was dire, they fled vanishing into the darkness of the mountain. And so Isildur cursed them, never to rest until they fulfilled their pledge."

They were now taking into a forest close to the mountains. They can see a door. "The very warmth of my blood seem stolen away." Gimli tells them. "The way is shut. It was made by the ones that are dead." Legolas tells them. Then a cold air comes out of the door and scares their horses away. Aragorn sighes. "I do not fear death." And walks into the entrance. Galadhien shakes her head. "Me neither." Legolas takes a hold of her arm. "What are you doing?" She looks at him. "It's my sister." She pulls away from his grip and walks in. Legolas walks in after her and Yéreana is close behind. "Two elfs and a elf-witch can go underground but not a dwarf." Gimli sighes. "I will never hear the end of it." And walks in.

They are in the mountains. It's so quiet and dark. Yéreana could almost feel her soul leave her bordy. Then they hear a voice. "Who enters my domain?" And there they see a ghost of a man appearing. Galadhien could feel chills going down her spine.

"One who will have your allegiance." Aragorn tells the man. Galadhien was looking at the ghost, he was wearing armor. "The dead do not suffer the living to pass." The ghost tells them. Galadhien looks at him. "You will for him." With that the ghost starts to laugh. The walls of the mounatin starts to green. A ghost kingdom started to show with ghost riders coming towards them. "The way is shut. It was made by the ones that are dead and the dead keep it." The man tells them as the other ghost riders starts to surrond them.

"The way is shut and now you must die." The ghost tells them. Both Legolas pulls up their bow and arrows. He shoots an arrow that goes right through the ghost's head. Yéreana makes a fire ball in her hand. "I summon you to fullfill your oath." Aragorn tells him. The ghost walks up closer. "Only the king of Gondor may command me." Aragorn takes up his sword fence away the ghost's sword as he tries to strike him. The ghost looks at him. "That line was broken." Aragorn pulls the blade to the ghost's throat. "It's been remade." And pushes him back. You could see that all the ghosts didn't expect this. "Fight for us and regain your honor. What say you? What say you?" Aragorn asks them. There is no answer.

"You're wasting your time, Aragorn." Gimli tells him. But Aragorn is not done and Galadhien wouldn't let him to be either. "I am Isildur's heir. Fight for me and i will hold your oaths fullfilled. What say you?"

MINAS TIRITH

Míririen has been asked to come to the gate and that it's urgent. That terrifes her. Maybe it's Candor or Faramir. She really hopes not. She gets to the gate and there she sees her brother laying on his back with arrows pierced into her armor. She screams. She can't lose another brother. She runs up to Faramir. "Faramir, please." She looks up at the guards. "Get him to my father." They nod "Yes, m'lady." They put him on a stretcher and they walk towards the castle. Míririen could only hope that Faramir would be alright. She won't lose him.

They walk up to the castle and she can see her father running towards them. "Faramir!" He kneels down to Faramir as they put him down. "Say not he has fallen." Míriren sits down next to her father. He pulls her into his arms and kisses her on the head. "They were outnumbered. None survived. " Míririen looks at him with tears in her eyes. "None survived?" She stands up. "Where is Candor, where is my husband." The soldier looks at her uncertain. "My lady..." "You will tell me right now where is my husband is, is that understood?" The solder sighes. "Lord Candor is dead. He died so your brother would come home." Míririen falls to the ground gasping. How will she tell her children that their father are dead. How will she tell Âreth.

Denethor stands up. "My sons are spent." Pippin sits down next to Faramir "He's alive." Míririen looks at him. "What?" Pippin looks at her "He's alive." She gasps and walks up to him. She sits down next to Faramir, caressing his face. She could feel the breath coming from his mouth. She wasn't losing him. Her brother was alive. Faramir was alive.

She then could hear bulidings falling down. She turned down to one of the soldiers. "Bring my children. Bring Âreth and her daughter aswell. The soldier runs down to get them.

"Abandon your posts! Flee! Flee for your lives!" She hears her father screaming.

She walks up to him "Father?" But before she can talk to him she sees Gandalf hitting her father with his staff so her father falls to the ground unconcious. She looks at him "Why did you do that?" Gandalf looks at her "It's for his better good." Gandalf looks at Joanna "Are you ready?" She nods. "I am." "Prepare for battle." He tells the soldiers. Joanna and Gandalf make their way to the wall.

Gandalf and Joanna get to the wall "Send these beasts to abyss." Gandalf tells the soldiers. The soldiers starts shooting their catapults.

Míririen sees the solider and her children. Behind his Areth and her daughter. She runs up to her children and hugs them. "Are you alright?" They nod. she nods. "Good, let's get inside." She turns to the soldiers. Get my brother inside so he can rest and do whatever you can to save him. They nod and bring Faramir into the castle. Míririen brings Âreth and the children in and all she can think about is how is she gonna tell them about Candor.

Isla's labour has started. Galadhien and the company has found the dead men. Candor is dead and Faramir is alive but near death. I hope you guys like this chapter and please tell me your thoughts.