Chapter 23

Everyone who was gonna fight we're getting their weapons and ready for battle

Everyone who was gonna fight we're getting their weapons and ready for battle. Aragorn was looking around at the men of Rohan.   "Farmers, farriers, stable boys"  He looks at Galadhien, Gimli and Legolas and shakes his head "These are no soliders"   Gimli sighes "Most of them have seen too many winters" Legolas agreeing "Or too few"  Galadhien  sighes"We need more capable soliders" Legolas looks at them "Look at them. They're frightened. You can see it in their eyes"  He says it very loudly so  everyone turns to look at him. Galadhien sighes.   Legolas looks at Aragorn "They should be. three hundred against thousand" He says in elvish.  Everyone is so quiet, Aragorn doesn't even know what to say.  He sighes and answer Legolas back in elvish "They have more hope of defending themselves here than at Edoras"  Legolas is getting frustrated "Aragorn. They cannot win this fight. They are all going to die.  "Then i shall die as one of them" Aragorn snaps.  Then they just stare at eachother for a few seconds until Aragorn walks away.  Legolas tries to walk after him but Gimli stops him "Let him go, lad"  Gimli walks away because  he can see that Legolas needs to cool down.  

Galadhien sighes "They're just trying to protect their families. I know they aren't soliders but you and i both know that if we were in their shoes, we would do the same thing."  Legolas turns to look at her and brings her into a kiss.  He pulls away "I will protect you  No matter what happens"  Galadhien smiles "Always"  

Aragorn is sitting down by the stairs.  Joanna has put on her armour when she sees him.  She sits down and he looks to see her.  "Your grace."  Joanna nods "Aragorn. I didn't know i would find you here" He looks at her confused "What do you mean?" Joanns smiles and sighes.  "I mean i would expect to find you with your group"  Aragorn sighes "Me and Legolas had an argument" Joanna nods "I see" Aragorn looks at her "So your father is gonna let you fight"  Joanna smiles and gives out a little laugh.  "More like i presuaded him." Aragorn smiles and nods "Good" Joanna sighes, Aragorn looks at her concerned.  "I told my father that the reason i want to fight is because i'm gonna be queen some day and i need to know how to protect my people.  It's true but the real reason is that... I couldn't protect her that day and i'm never gonna forgive myself for that but atleast today i can avenge her."  Aragorn smiles and brings her into a hug "You will" Joanna pulls away "Let's go inside."  Aragorn nods.  

Joanna and Aragorn. Everyone of her people looks at her, shocked that the princess is gonna fight with them.  She smiles at them.  She follow Aragorn, he is gonna put on his armour.  When he is finished to put it on, Joanna is gonna give to him but someone else is already taken it to give to Aragorn, Legolas.  Joanna step away to let him have their moment.  She stands next to Galadhien.  Legolas gives Aragorn the sword, he takes it.  Legolas sighes "We have trusted you this far. You have not led us astray. Forgive me. I was wrong to despair"  Aragorn smiles "There is nothing to forgive"  Galadhiens smiles at the two men who means the most to her.  Then Gimli walking out in an armour a little too big for him.  " We had time, i'd get this adjusted" The armour falls down to the floor.  Galadhien needs to hold in her laugh.  Gimli sighes "It's a little tight across the chest"  Joanna, Aragorn and Legolas smiles and nods.   Suddenly they hear a sound from a horn.  Legolas and Galadhien looks at eachother confused "That's no orc horn" They run out to see what it is.

The gate opens and in comes in elves  and their commander is Haldir.  

King Théoden meets up with them.  He is shocked.  "How is this possible." Haldir smiles "I bring word from Elrond of Rivendell. An alliance once existed between elves and men. Long ago we fought and died together"  Haldir then hear footsteps and sees Aragorn and Galadhien first and then Gimli, Legolas and Joanna.   Haldir smiles "We came to honor that allegiance"  Aragorn comes up to Haldir.  "Haldir of Lothorien"  He first does the elf hug  by putting his hand over his chest but he then brings Haldir into a hug.  Haldir pats Aragorn on the back. Aragorn pulls away "You're most welcome"  Haldir looks at them with hope "Is Grace here?" Aragorn takes a deep breath "No. She's with Frodo and Sam to destroy the ring."  Haldir nods.  Aragorn put his hand on Haldir's shoulder "You will see her again"  Haldir smiles "I hope so"  Galadhien walks up to Haldir and put her hand on her chest, he does likewise.  Haladir turns to Joanna and Théoden "We are proud to fight alongside men once more.  

Everyone stands by the wall. They start hearing the sounds of orcs and uruk-hais.  Gimli, Legolas and Galadhien stands in the very front. Gimli who can't see anything grunts.  "You could have picked a better spot"  Aragorn comes and stands next to him.  Gimli looks up to him "Well, lad whatever luck you live by, let's hope it lasts the night"  Legolas nods "Your friends are with you, Aragorn"  Gimli snorts "Let's hope they last the night"  Aragorn nods and walks away.  Galadhien nods "Let's hope we last the night"  

Joanna stands with her father. It starts to rain but nothing will stop her.  

Aragorn speaks elvish with the elves soldiers, to get them ready.  

They can see the army now, well except Gimli.  He tries to jump but fails to see.  "What happens out there?"  Legolas smiles "Shall i describe it to you?  or would you like me to find you a box?"  Gimli starts laughing.  

They hear the orcs and Uruk-hai's get ready. So it's time for them to get ready with their weapons.  Galadhien takes out her bow and arrow and starts to aim.  Joanna takes out her sword.  But suddenly a shoots an arrow which hits one of the uruk-hai's.  Aragorn shouts "Enough!"  The uruk-hai falls to the ground.  This makes them even more mad and they starts attacking.  

Théoden looks at Joanna "So it begins."  Joanna takes a deep breath "This is for you, Dérowyn"  

Now the battle begins!! I hope you guys like this chapter and please tell me your thoughts