Chapter 6

Another night has passed and both cubs met each other again.

"Hey Kovu!"

"Hi Kion!"

"How are you?" Kion asked.

"I'm great! You really helped us out with that gazelle. I was allowed to eat most of it since I caught it!"

"Good to hear! I'm glad I could help you."

"Me too. But I didn't mention you to my family. I wish I could, but I can't." Kovu looked a bit disappointed.

"You're keeping our meetings a secret too, huh?"

"Yeah, I know mother wouldn't allow me to meet up with you."

"Same here. Some of my friends found out about it though."

"Really? How did they react?"

"Well they were pretty hesitant, but one of them accepted it because, uh..." Kion was about to tell his feelings for Kovu, but he didn't know how.

Kovu raised his eyebrow. "I didn't expect anyone would accept us."

"Well, I told Fuli and Ono about you, that you're not a bad lion, but that you're actually really smart, brave and kind." Kion blushed a little.

"Oh, uh... Thanks!" Kovu didn't know what to say.

"And then I realized I... I like you, Kovu. More than just as a friend." Kion's heart was racing. He had no clue how Kovu would react.

Kovu was stunned. He didn't expect Kion to feel the same that he does. He was so happy, but also scared at the same time. "I feel the same." he finally said.

Both lions didn't know what to say next. They were blushing and feeling awkward about this scene. Kion then decided to get some distraction.

"Let me show you something." Kion said.

He then gestured to Kovu to follow him and started walking in the direction of the Pride Lands.

"Where are we going?" Kovu asked.

"You'll see." Kion replied. He was smiling the whole time.

They made their way to the Pride Lands, but weren't exactly crossing the border. Instead Kion walked near the border towards another place. Kovu had no idea where they were going, but followed the yellow cub anyway.

"Alright, it's not much further. Close your eyes." Kion said.

Kovu looked at Kion with a confused look.

"Trust me." Kion added.

"Okay then." Kovu said, before closing his eyes.

"Just keep walking."

Kovu did what he was told. He had no idea what to expect, but he trusted Kion. He kept walking with some guidance from Kion and not long after, they were at their destination.

"Okay, you can open them now."

Kovu opened his eyes and gasped from what he saw. They weren't in the Pride Lands nor the Outlands. There were large trees everywhere, beautiful flowers and everything looked so green.

"Welcome to Hakuna Matata Falls!" Kion said.

"Wow. It looks amazing!"

"Come on, let me show you around!"

Kovu followed Kion and showed him some of the most amazing places to be here.

"Luckily there aren't any animals around here, except for Bunga and his uncles. But right now they're hanging out in the Pride Lands, so we have this place for ourselves." Kion said.