Chapter 13

Simba was pacing around in the royal den. Nala looked at him concerned.

"Simba, you heard Rafiki. Kiara will be fine."

"I'm not worried about that, Nala. We now know for sure Zira doesn't give up. She will be back to attack us again sooner or later."

Even though Nala hoped that was not true, she knew he was right. Zira still wanted to attack her mate, even though her clan was already very weak. "I don't think there's much we can do. They are already exiled from the Pride Lands long ago."

"We need to kill them. All of them. That's the punishment for trespassing into the Pride Lands while being exiled."

Nala's eyes widened. "Are you being serious?"

Simba stopped pacing and looked at his mate. "Look, not long ago, Zira was trespassing because she was watching Kovu going into the Pride Lands. I made it very clear to her that trespassing once again, she would be sentenced to death. And Zira's clan didn't just trespass, they attacked us! Zira almost let Kion bleed to death too if you haven't forgotten! There is no other choice."

"Simba, even IF that's a good idea, how in the Pride Lands are you going to kill them? They're with way too many!"

"We have something that Zira's clan doesn't. We have the Roar."

"No! You are not using our son to do such a terrible task! He's too young!"

"Kion is the only one who can do it!"

"Do what?" a voice suddenly asked.

Kion was entering the den with Kovu. They didn't know what Kion's parents were talking about.

"Kion, thank the Kings you're here. I need your help." Simba said.

"Don't you dare suggesting your idea to him!" Nala snarled.

"Do you have a better idea?" Simba asked Nala.

Nala went silent and sighed.

"What idea?" Kion asked.

"Kion," Simba began, "having Zira's clan exiled isn't enough for them to stop attacking the Pride Lands. You saw how Kiara was injured. Who knows who Zira will hurt next when she comes back. It is only a matter of time before we actually lose someone."

The yellow cub listened, but didn't get where this was going. "So, what are you saying, dad?"

"I need you to take down Zira's clan once and for all using your Roar."

Kion was shocked hearing this. "You want me to kill them?" he asked nervously.

"You really don't have to, Kion." Nala said. "There will be a lot of weight on your shoulders if you do this."

"It's for the greater good." Simba explained. "By taking down Zira's clan, we know for sure we'll be safe. You don't want to get hurt again, do you? Let alone lose someone you love?"

"No, of course not! But, I just... Is this the only option?" Kion asked.

"Yes, Kion. I'm afraid so."

"We can also wait until we find a better solution." Nala suggested.

"There is no better solution. We simply can't wait any longer since we don't know when Zira is going to attack again." Simba said. "Kion, I'm asking you as a king and a father. Will you help your family and friends by taking down Zira's clan?"

Everyone was looking at the yellow cub, curious what he would say. Kion thought for a moment. He definitely wants to help the Pride Lands however he can, but does he really have to kill an entire clan? Isn't that considered evil? He had no idea. He looked at Kovu, who was staring at him with a concerned expression. After a while, he finally responded.