Chapter 12

Simba and Nala were watching the cubs in the royal den. Everyone seemed relaxed, but that soon changed when a familiar hornbill flew in the den.

"SIRE! Kion and Kovu were attacked by Zira's clan! They are now heading towards Pride Rock!" Zazu informed the king and queen.

Simba gasped. He was afraid of the worst and now his nightmare came true. "WHAT?! Zazu, go find the Lion Guard! Girls, stay in the den!" Simba ordered.

"Yes, sire!" Zazu responded and flew off, looking for the Guard.

"Are Kion and Kovu okay?" Kiara asked concerned.

"We don't know, sweetie. Stay here with Tiifu and Zuri. Your dad and I will solve this." Nala answered.

Kiara nodded. She was afraid of what was going to happen. She stayed in the den with her best friends, hoping everything will be alright.

Both Simba and Nala headed out of the den and saw Zira and her clan arriving at the bottom of Pride Rock.

"Zira!" Simba growled.

"Simba!" Zira said, smiling evilly.

"Where are Kion and Kovu?!"

Zira chuckled. "They are... handled." she answered.

Handled? What does that mean? She didn't kill... did she? Simba's anger began to fill his body fast.

"What do you want?!" Nala asked angrily.

"Hmm... What do I want, well that's a great question. Let me think... Oh yeah, that's right! I want REVENGE! Give me your life, Simba! And I promise I won't hurt anyone else." Zira demanded.

"Absolutely not! I will NEVER give up my kingdom."

"'YOUR' KINGDOM?! The Pride Lands belonged to Scar!" she growled. "Look around you, Simba, you're clearly outnumbered!"

It was true. It was only Simba and Nala against Zira and six other lionesses. But Simba had faith the Lion Guard will be here on time.

"You have two choices," Zira continued, "either step down as King of the Pride Lands and let me take your life, or you and your whole family will die today!"

"I'm not giving you my life!" Simba growled.

"Then so be it... ATTACK!"

Everyone of Zira's clan attacked both Simba and Nala. Four lions pounced on Simba, pinning him down. Simba tried to escape, but there were too many lionesses on top of him. They scratched and bit Simba, as the king was trying to defend himself. The other two lionesses knocked Nala down, while Zira watched as the king and queen were attacked. But then, there was a loud scream. Everyone looked up.

Rafiki hit all the lionesses off of Simba with his stick and immediately went over to help Nala. Everyone paid attention to the monkey and soon the lionesses tried to pounce on him. Rafiki managed to dodge all the attacks and give a few more hits and kicks to weaken Zira's clan. The two groups were now separated from each other.

"Rafiki! Have you seen Kion and Kovu?" Nala asked.

"They are safe." the mandrill answered, not wanting to give up their hiding spot to Zira's clan.

"Oh, thank the Kings!"

"Enough! Take down the monkey!" Zira demanded.

The lionesses were running towards Rafiki.

"Huwezi!"

Out of nowhere, something was running right in front of the running lionesses, making them stop. It was so fast, they couldn't see what it was. They were confused.

"What was that?" one of the lionesses asked.

"Twinde kiboko!"

Then, a big hippo knocked over all the lionesses and they collapsed onto the ground.

"Lion Guard!" Simba said excitingly.

Zira growled. She focused on Simba and ran towards him.

"Oh no you're not! Zuka zama!"

A honey badger jumped onto Zira's side to make her lose her balance. She fell onto the ground and still had the honey badger on top of her.

"GET OFF ME!" Zira yelled as she got up and tried to get the honey badger off of her.

Bunga didn't listen and was basically riding her.

"Hapana! Simba, incoming!" an egret yelled.

Simba saw one of the lionesses jumping towards him and managed to dodge the attack.

"Thank you, Ono!" Simba answered as he got ready for any more attacks.

It was complete chaos. The two groups were attacking each other intensely. It wasn't easy for Simba and the rest to take down Zira's clan. The lionesses were very well trained and prepared for anything. The fight kept on and no one knew how this is gonna end.

Zira was pushed out of the fight by Besthe and was now a good distance away from everyone else. She got back on her paws and was ready to go back into the fight, until she caught something with her eye. She glanced at the entrance of the royal den and noticed a familiar female cub watching the fight. It was Kiara. As soon as Zira made eye contact with the cub, Kiara made her way back to the den fast.

Zira smiled evilly and immediately ran towards the den.

"NO! Someone, stop Zira!" Nala screamed, but everyone was still busy with the fight.

Zira knew she had to be quick. She made her way into the den and found three cubs terrified for their lives.

"Don't worry, little ones. This will be over soon." Zira said. She then pounced on Kiara and clenched her teeth into her stomach, not letting her go.

"AAAAAH!" Kiara screamed out of pain.

"LET HER GO!" Tiifu yelled. But Zira didn't listen.

Then, Fuli arrived into the den and pounced on Zira, making her fall and lose grip on Kiara. The princess was now finally free, but hurt badly.

Zira growled, as she stood up on all fours and charged towards Fuli. Fuli managed to dodge her with her speed. She knew that if Zira pounces on her, that there would be no escape. Zira tried pouncing on the cheetah several times, but Fuli was simply too fast. This brought Fuli on an idea.

Fuli ran out of the den. Zira followed her, leaving the cubs behind. Perfect! Fuli thought. The cubs are now safe. She now has to find a way to lose Zira. She made eye contact with Besthe and both animals knew what was coming. Fuli ran towards Besthe with Zira right on her tail, and when Fuli was just about to hit the hippo, she made a sharp turn. Zira was too slow to make that turn as well and bumped hard on Besthe's side.

The two groups were once again separated from each other, with Zira's clan badly hurt while Simba's group didn't take too much damage now that the Lion Guard was here to help.

Zira got pack on her paws once again. She looked at her clan, who were clearly weak from the fight. Zira refused to give up now. "What are you waiting for? Go for Simba, now!" Zira demanded.

"I don't think so!" a voice suddenly called.

Kion then appeared right in front of Simba's group. Kovu was there as well, but stayed behind the yellow cub.

"Kion, you're okay!" Nala said.

Zira growled. "You are gonna regret for standing in our way!"

Kion chuckled. "Funny. I was about to say the same." He then used the Roar of the Elders, sending Zira and her clan flying all the way back into the Outlands. And with Zira's clan already weaken out, everyone was sure they'd stay in the Outlands for quite a while.

--------------

As soon as Kion was done roaring, he got nuzzled by his parents.

"Are you okay?" Kion asked.

"We're fine, sweetie. We're fine." Simba responded.

The king and queen did have some scratches and bruises, but nothing too serious. The Lion Guard, as well as Rafiki, were okay too.

"We need to check on Kiara!" Fuli said loudly.

"Kiara? Was she attacked too?" Kion asked.

Everyone went into the den and saw two cubs sobbing at Kiara, who was still laying on the ground.

"Someone, please help!" Zuri said.

Simba and Nala ran towards their daughter while everyone else was surrounding them.

"We're here, Kiara." Nala said as she nuzzled her.

Kiara was laying in a pool of blood, breathing heavily. "It hurts!" she whined.

It was quiet, except for some sobbing. Everyone was shocked and couldn't believe this happened to Kiara. Especially Kion felt devastated seeing his sister like this.

Rafiki made his way into the circle of animals who were surrounding Kiara and her parents. He got some space from the king and queen and knew the princess needs help fast.

"I need to stop the bleeding." he said and carefully picked up the lion cub. He carried her all the way to his tree, while everyone followed him. "Only his family can follow me into the tree." he said. He didn't want too much crowd watching over Kiara, especially in her condition.

Rafiki went into the tree with Kiara. Simba, Nala and Kion followed. Kovu, Tiifu, Zuri and the Lion Guard waited patiently for an update.

Kovu could hear some whispers in the background. Mostly they were about if Kiara would be okay, and if Zira would come back or not. The brown cub didn't feel like joining in the conversations. Instead he stared at the tree above him, waiting for someone to come down.

Eventually, all the lions except for Kiara came down. Everyone stayed quiet and payed close attention to what the king and queen had to say.

"Kiara will be fine. She needs a lot of rest and it could take a while before she'll be fully recovered. She's staying in Rafiki's tree until she's able to walk. I want you all to give her as much space as she needs while she's recovering, but feel free to visit her every now and then." Simba explained.

"Right now she's asleep, so I suggest we all go back home." Nala said.

Everyone nodded in agreement. Kovu noticed that Kion was looking down onto the ground the whole time. He looked... angry. Kovu wouldn't blame him. His sister got hurt after all.

The group were heading towards Pride Rock. Everyone but Kion. Kovu noticed he went a different direction and decided to follow him.

"Kion?" the brown lion asked.

"What?" Kion responded. His tone had some anger in it.

"Are you alright?"

"What do you think?!" Kion yelled as he stopped walking. He looked at Kovu angrily.

Kovu was surprised by this reaction and didn't know how to respond.

Kion then shook his head. "I'm sorry, I just need to be alone."

And without waiting for a response, Kion kept on walking. Kovu respected his friend wanted to be alone, and let him be. He then made his way to Pride Rock.

---------------

It has been a while since Kion was left alone. He was sitting near a watering hole and looked at his reflection from the water. He thought of what happened today. He couldn't believe Zira would hurt a cub, let alone kill her... She had no right to harm her, or even be in the Pride lands. Kion was so angry, but he held his anger and sadness inside.

Kion heard some paw steps coming towards him and turned around. He saw Kovu was approaching him. He then turned back forward and looked at his reflection again. He sighed.

As Kovu sat next to him, he placed his right paw on Kion's left paw. "I'm so sorry for what happened." he said.

"It's not your fault, it's just..." Kion could feel his tears coming out of his eyes. He took a deep breath before he continued. "She almost got killed. If I lost her, then..." He couldn't hold back any longer and started to cry. Kovu immediately wrapped his forelegs around him and hugged him tightly.

Kion let out his tears for a few more moments before finally calming down. "Thank you, Kovu. Thank you." he said, still hugging his friend.

"It's okay. I'll always be here for you."