Chapter 14

Kion discussed the plan with his parents and Kovu at Pride Rock. He then went to his Guard to ask for their help too and gave Ono an assignment. When everything was clear, Simba, Nala, Kovu and the Lion Guard all started to head towards the Termite Mounds.

Kion was extremely nervous. He really hoped nothing would get out of hand.

"Hey, are you alright?" Fuli asked, who was now walking next to him.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Just a bit nervous." Kion replied.

"Don't worry, I know you can handle this."

"I sure hope so..."

"You know we've got your back." Fuli smiled.

"Yeah, thanks Fuli."

The border towards the Outlands was now in sight. Kion stood on the border with everyone behind him and looked for a moment towards the Outlands. He then took a deep breath.

"Alright everyone, let's do this. 'Till the Pride Lands end..." Kion began.

"LION GUARD DEFEND!" everyone else finished.

Kion jogged into the Outlands with everyone following him.

----------------

As they arrived at their destination, they were immediately stopped by some lionesses.

"What do you want?!" one of them asked.

The lionesses started to spread out to make a circle around the Pride Landers. Even though they were still pretty hurt, they wanted to protect their territorium at all cost.

"We want to talk to Zira." Kion responded confidently.

"I'm right here." Zira responded, who showed herself behind the lionesses. She made her way into the circle.

Kion took a deep breath once again. "Zira, you and your clan are still a danger to the Pride Lands, even though you were exiled long ago. We need you to leave the Termite Mounds."

"Leave our home?! Taking the Pride Lands isn't enough for you?!" she snarled.

"If you keep attacking us while being exiled, then no."

"We are NOT leaving our home! Stupid cub, you think we can just find a new home like that? This is not how life works!"

"You're right. That's why I assigned Ono to find you a new home. Ono?"

Ono flew towards Kion to stand next to him, facing Zira. "I've scanned the area and after a long flight, I've found a plains with enough grass, water, preys and even dens for your clan to stay. If you keep going east, then you should find it within a couple of days." he explained.

Zira refused to listen. "I don't care! This is our home whether you like it or not! We're not leaving just because you're asking nicely."

Kion looked around and saw the lionesses agreeing with their leader. He sighed and looked at Kovu.

Kovu was making a concerned expression, but he knew it was his turn now. He took a deep breath before speaking up. "Mother, you wanted to have the Pride Lands as your home since forever, but the only thing you truly care about is taking down Simba. You can't do that. If you don't leave, then..."

Zira interrupted him. "HUSH! Don't you dare tell me what to do, traitor! YOU ruined the plan to take over the Pride Lands! YOU let all of us get hurt! YOU made us your enemies, and it's ALL - YOUR - FAULT! You're no son of mine. You're a disgrace!"

Kovu listened as his mother let all her anger out to the brown lion. He knew she wouldn't be happy, but he didn't expect her to be this mad. He looked at her with fear in his eyes and with his ears down. She's right. he thought. It is all my fault...