Unexpected Twists and Turns

Shortly after the tragedy that Malice had brought upon the heroes, the group was resting inside of Inamia's resistance headquarters, however instead of celebrating the planet's liberation everything was just... Dead silent, this silence however was broken by the constant sobbing and crying of Smesh as he was accompanied by Turco and Laura.

Smesh: ...

Laura: I... I-I'm so sorry, Smesh...

Smesh: ...That... That bastard took her away from me...

Turco: ...

Smesh: ...Where's Infinite...?

Laura: I think he's talking to Sky... Do you want me to get him?

Smesh: Yes, please...

Laura: Alright.

Smesh covered his eyes, tears continued to fall from his face as Laura walked out and found Infinite chatting with Sky.

Sky: ...Thank you so much, prince...

Infinite: Hey, it's not only me who did all the work. You gotta thank my friends, too.

Sky: I will... This sense of freedom for my people... It's making me greatly emotional...

Infinite: Aww. Ya need a moment?

Sky: No, I'll be fine. *Wipes some tears away* Right now, we need to think about our next plan of action.

Infinite: ...

Sky: ...Yes... I'm sorry about your friend...

Infinite slowly dragged his sharp claws on the table leaving behind deep scratch marks.

Infinite: ...I'm scared...

Laura peeked from behind a corner and listened to the conversation.

Sky: Huh?

Infinite: ...I'm scared that soon, Malice is just going to kill everyone I care and love for... And he actually can make that happen permanently, unlike others I've faced before...

Sky: ...You won't suffer the same fate I did, Infinite.

Infinite: Huh?

Sky: Many years before Inamia was taken over by the Vulanis Empire, I was a proud mother of two, and I had a loving husband. Life was blossoming and Inamia was a paradise. Then, a group of hyenas came and suddenly took over some land. We managed to get it back, but we were greatly overpowered. Then, many more hyenas came. We prepared our best fighters, but most of us were wiped out within an instant... Including my husband, who Malice decapitated in front of me and mercilessly tortured my children. All I could do... Was watch, as my family died and my planet turned into a hellish landscape where no kitsune is free.

Infinite: ...Holy shit...

Laura: *Thoughts: Oh my god... Poor Sky...*

Sky: And now, hearing what has happened to your friend... I will do everything in my power to prevent the same fate happening to you. 

Infinite: ...Seems we share quite a few things in common, Sky.

Sky: *Nods* Now, let's get to work.

Meanwhile on Vulanis, Malice grunted and held his chest as a rapid throbbing pain came from within.

Malice: What is this sudden pain I've been having...? After I absorbed Cristina's soul, I have been dealing with nothing but pain in my chest.

Grim: Emperor Malice, are you okay?

Malice: Yes, just a-

The throbbing pain then turned into an excruciating pain, as something suddenly bursted out of Malice's chest and made a run for it.