The Three Generations

Infinite's eyes began to open, he covered his face as the light from the sun blinded his vision.

Infinite: Urgh... Huh? What happened?

Snow: Guys! Grandpa's awake!

Luna: Dad!

Luna ran in and hugged her father tightly.

Infinite: Oof...! Hey, kiddo.

Luna: You've been out for a few hours.

Infinite: Oh. Hey, where are we?

Deathwind: We're on Blade, son.

Infinite: Dad!

Sapphire: Infinite! Oh, thank goodness you're okay...

Infinite: Yeah... That state always knocks me out.

Turco: But wait a moment... Who the hell saved you two? You were both in the castle!

Deathwind and Sapphire looked at each other and smiled.

Deathwind: Son... You know how I used to tell you stories of your grandparents?

Infinite: Huh? Yeah, dad?

Laura: Hmm?

Deathwind: You were always so inspired by what they did... The heroic actions, their selflessness, their bravery... It was such an amazing moment to see you so excited whenever we told you of their stories when you were just a child.

Infinite: Heh, yeah...

Deathwind: ...But now...

Infinite: Hmm?

Deathwind: For the first time in your life... You can finally meet them.

Infinite: Wait, WHAT?

The two jackals walked into the room, smiling proudly.

??? 1: ...Wow.

??? 2: Hello... Grandson...

Infinite got up and approached the two of them, reaching out.

Infinite: But... How? Dad told me that... The two of you died in... An accident...

Sapphire: ...That was a coverup, son.

Infinite: Huh?

Deathwind: ...We didn't want to startle you or any of your siblings about the Vulanis Empire. We made a story that your grandparents had died on an expedition to save countless people from a monster, which in turn they sacrificed their lives. 

Sapphire: But now... They're here in the flesh. They went through thirty years of torture on Vulanis... And their spirits never broke. They both kept strong, and when you invaded, it was their chance to break out and they took it. They saved us, and they helped us push back the Dark Realm.

Infinite: ...You never told me of their names...

Deathwind: I was too heartbroken to say or mention their names, son... I'm sorry.

??? 1: Then I guess we can introduce ourselves fully, Infinite.

??? 2: My name... Is Corvina.

??? 1: And mine is Cyclonius. 

Infinite: ...

The jackal hugged his grandparents as many mixed emotions filled him.

Turco: Heh... Wow, bro. I never expected this.

Crystal: Neither did I... What a nice ending to all of this...

Infinite: W-wait... What happened to Vulanis?