71

One day ago

Shigaraki cleared the room after Bakugo's supposed conditions were voiced.

Even though Tomura fully understood now that you had no recollection of your past with him, there was a sliver of hope. That somehow, deep inside you, those few happy memories you shared as children hadn't completely faded.

But when Bakugo- a person you'd no doubt never keep the truth from asked Shigaraki that one pinnacle question?

That hope was eradicated.

So, putting his own sorrow aside, Tomura told Katsuki everything. About how you and him were taken as children together after roaming the streets alone, starving, no heroes in sight. He didn't mention your homelife beforehand, because, frankly, he barely remembered any of it either. It was blurred, etched into his mind with so many feelings of anxiety that even trying to remember too much made his stomach churn.

Katsuki sat across from him, the dimly lit room just bright enough to show the gradual shock on his face. The more Shigaraki spoke, the more Katsuki remained silent. The more his eyes widened and his body tensed.

Beneath his quiet facade, he was panicking inside. Because never in a million years did he expect this.

The only thing he could utter once Tomura was finished- once a lengthy moment of silence dragged on between them- was a question.

What about your sister? Where did she fit into this story?

For some reason, the simple answer didn't satisfy him.

She's dead. He said. So are our parents.

Katsuki's teeth clenched, his eyes fixed to the floor. That uncomfortable, yet fitting quiet remained afterwards. Tomura's hair hid his face, the hand of his father removed, cast aside on the table as he bared his scars.

Even witnessing them up close. Even hearing all the genuine words come from his throat. Even finally knowing the answers, Katsuki felt the opposite of what he thought he would.

Because how the hell was he meant to return home to you and crush your hope the way he'd crushed Tomura's? Rather than a location, a lead, something to put a smile on your face or at least bring you some relief, he'd have to deliver this:

One of your siblings is dead. Your family is dead. The only one that remains is the brother you'll never be able to have.

Because when would Katsuki learn that just because you have to wait for the truth doesn't mean it's any less disappointing than the lie.

Tomura wiped his nose after a bit. Let Katsuki process it all before sitting back, Atomic still dormant in his veins.

"Do you have what you came for?"

"Shut up!" Bakugo yelled, nearly interrupting him.

Mm. Shigaraki thought, eyes half-lidded, no longer very interested. Seemed he processed the information. Accepting it or not was his choice. Pushing off the chair's arms and placing his hands in his pockets, Tomura blinked down at Bakugo before walking away.

"If you're not satisfied with my answer, you shouldn't have asked-"

"You could be lying-"

"You're too smart to believe that," The man almost scoffed at the foolish child.

Only a few years younger, yet after everything Tomura'd learnt in such a short timespan, he felt decades more mature than the brat barking needlessly in front of him. "It's the truth. She's my little sister. Sensei lied and said she abandoned me, but he abused her so much that she forced herself to forget our past. I didn't know that. Not until Camino,"