Chapter 3

Y/n's pov

The dress fit, the cursed dress actually fit me. I smoothen the dress down a bit. Even though I didn't want to I still made sure I looked decent. If I die today, I die at least looking pretty. I heard the doors behind me slam open causing me to jump and turn around. It was the woman from before I never caught her name. It didn't matter I didn't want to know her name.

"Well look at you", she said with a smirk while walking towards me. I stood in my spot as she circled me. "I realized I never gave you my name", she said causing me to scoff.

"I didn't want it", I sneered while getting up in her face. She smirked as I did. "Well look at you, the little sheep is standing up to the big bad wolf", she chuckled. She place her hand around the side of my neck. She didn't squeeze, but the way he was rubbing my skin with her thumb felt like a threat.

"If you want to me to start respecting you, that includes everyone around here as well, I need to know your name", she said. "I am Freyja, some may call me the pillager", she added causing my heart to skip a beat. The Pillager is one of the most dangerous and ruthless vikings around I guess everywhere. I hid my fear as I stared up at her. I felt her squeeze my neck a tad bit.

"My name is.. Y/n", I replied. She released her grip and smiled at me. "Alright time to celebrate", she said while grabbing my hand and dragging me out of the room. Before I could protest she already opened the doors that led to the outside.

The bonfire was set ablaze, on first glance you would think a house was set on fire. I suddenly saw my village burning to the ground again. I stood there in fear as I saw people running. I looked down to see my blood cover mother staring up at me as she reached for me. Before she could say anything I felt someone shaking me causing me to snapped out of my flashback.

"Are you a fucking tree", Freyja asked causing me to shake my head. "Then get moving", she fussed while letting me go then started heading towards the bonfire area with me tailing behind her.

The fire pit was lit this time, the flames were huge. The flames looked like it could touch the sky. The other vikings surrounded the fire pit with tables and chairs. Some children were dancing around the flames, adults were either eating or drinking. Freyja sat down in the chair that was in front of the fire pit. A nearby viking brought her a cup of beer. She took it and began gulping down fast. I just stood beside her not knowing what to do.

"Here drink, girl", a viking said while holding a cup towards me. "No thanks", I said, but he kept shoving the cup forward.

"Come on! You'll need a dri-", he laughed then stopped when he looked beside me. He quietly went back to his seat. I looked at where he was looking, he was looking at Freyja. She was still drinking the beer. She placed the beer down on the table beside her and let out a happy sigh.

"You don't drink", she asked causing me to roll my eyes. "You do realize you're celebrating destroying my home", I snapped. "Well your village was weak, should've been more defensive", she said, I could feel feel something in me snap. I looked back to see the viking left the beer on a nearby table. I grabbed the cup and thrusted it forward towards Freyja. The beer went spilt on her and drenched her from head to chest. Everyone went dead silent, the only sound present was the crackling of the fire.

I was panting hard from the rage I felt, but my breathe soon got caught in my throat once I realized what I just did.

As soon as I blinked I was lifted into the air, by the collar of my dress. My feet dangled in the air since she very tall.

"Inside now", she hissed then threw me in the ground. I landed on my bottom, but didn't waste a second to run inside her home. Once I was in I closed the doors gently as I could, then slid down against it. She was going to kill me for sure. I stood up and sped walk to her bedroom, surely she kept weapons in here.

Before I could even start searching I heard the doors slammed open. I rushed to take a seat on the bed. Just in time as Freyja stepped into the room. She had a cloth in here hand as she rubbed her head and face. She put the cloth down on a nearby stand and looked at me.

"I'm not angry, just upset", she sighed, why did that hurt my feelings bit? She kneeled in front of me and placed her hands on my knees. I froze in place not knowing what to do.

"I understand that you're upset that I destroyed your villager, I would be too if I was in your place", she said with a sad look on her face. I stared into her eyes looking for any signs of deception or ill intent. She was actually showing sympathy.

"But, what you did was unacceptable", she said. "You destroyed my fucking home", I hissed. She grabbed me by my throat as she stood up.

"You're village was weak", she stated while choking me with her one hand. I clawed at her hands as I fought to get out her grip. "I didn't even find joy out of burning that place to the ground bro killing your people", she hissed. I stared at her in fear as I felt myself getting dizzy from the lack of oxygen. She leaned closer to my face, out lips were close to touching.

"Don't forget I can kill you with a flick of my finger, all it takes is one bad day or you annoy me to the point where your begs do not reach my ears", she threatened. Tears began flowing down my cheeks as I desperately tried to take a breathe. She threw me back on the bed. I curled up on the edge of the bed as I began taking big gulps of air.

"Get some rest, we have work tomorrow", she said while smiling at me then left the room. I held my thorax while glaring at her back as she left the room. She's going to kill em sooner or later. I must leave tonight.

The dress!