Chapter 9

Micah's pov

"Are you sure you're okay riding that horse", the man asked. "Yes, I'll be fine", I replied. Everything in my body hurts.

"Don't worry my village isn't too far", the man said. "So what's your name, you never told me", I said. "And you never bother to tell me yours either", he retorted. "Uh sorry it's Micah", I said. "Don't fret my boy, my names John", he stated. "I would say nice to meet you, but considering how we met", I said causing him to chuckle.

"So who's in charge elf this village we're heading to", I asked. "I am, had to go on vacation village duties are a pain in the arse sometimes", John replied. "How long have you been in charge", I asked. "Um I say about 5 years", he answered. "My village is a very big place, because of me obviously", he stated. "Good to know I guess", I replied.

           "You know, in this world you can't get anywhere unless you know how to kill", he said. "I learned that when I was just a whelp, my brother I had to learn that the hard way", he added. "My brother adjusted to that life faster than me, he was a realist kind of like you, my son", he explained.

             We made the horse stop on a path that lead into a huge wooden wall. He looked at me with a smile.

             "I can train you, Micah, I can help you save your wife", he said. "But to do that you have to change, you have make yourself adapt to the life of Vikings, you won't be able to just go back to that secluded, peaceful, happy lifestyle you had before", he explained. "So are you sure you want to do this", he asked.

              For the first time in my life, I wasn't indecisive, but I knew what I wanted to do yet I knew I had to do the other option. I loved that secluded, peaceful, happy lifestyle. With my friends, my family, my wife. I can always find a new family or friends, but I can never find someone like Y/n. I can't just leave her to suffer with that monster. She could be dead by now, but I rather see her dead then live my wife wondering if she was actually dead. If I chose to train with John I knew the me now will be killed by the newer stronger version of me. I also knew if I just live the life where I wonder if Y/n was dead or alive I will be dead mentally. Like a corpse brain walking around in a life full body. I had no choice in this matter.

           "I need to do this", I said. John smiled at me then raised his hand. The huge wooden gates opened. "Don't worry, you're in safe hands, I will help you get your wife back", he said then made his horse start walking towards the gate. I kick a bit to make mine start walking as well. We entered the huge wooden gates. Immediate stench of blood and death entered my nose. Vikings stared at us as we walked through the village. They had evil looks on their faces, but still admiration not for me only for John, the leader.

          We stopped in front of a huge of a huge home. John got off his horse and faces the crowd that was gathered behind us. I hoped off mines and did so as well. John place and arm around my shoulder.

           "Brothers and Sisters! I bring you a new member, a new brother", he shouted. "This poor lad's wife was taken by the Pillager, our enemy", he spoke. "Once this boy turns into a man, into a Viking, into one of us: we will attack their village and take back what's rightfully ours", John shouted.

           The crowd cheered at his speech. I knew by the looks of these people, I shouldn't have taken up his offer. But I need to do this, I need to save Y/n. No matter the cost nor no matter who gets in my way.