Chapter 13

Micah's pov

          We were all within the forest that was near that village owned by that monster, Freyja, the pillager. The Vikings and I were waiting in the forest waiting for John's signal. I saw John approaching towards me from the side within the forest so he wasn't seen. I was in front while the other Vikings were gathered behind me. He stopped his horse just next to one of the trees then hopped off. He approached me then stood next me.

          "Micah, my son", John spoke. "Today is the day you shall become more of a man, you will become a hero", John stated. I glanced at him then nodded my head. "Y/n, I will save her", I replied. "Of course, you shall", he said. He turned around to speak to the Viking behind us. I didn't listen to a word he said, I was only thinking of Y/n. I gripped my Warhammer, I will save her no matter what.

Y/n's pov

         "I think something is wrong with farm animals", I said to Freyja. "They're refusing to eat", I added. "I'm not a animal doctor, discuss that with Nia". Freyja replied. "You're the leader you should know what to do", I stated. "You're technically second in command so you should know too", she replied then tried to kiss me, but I dodged her.

"No kisses until you figure it out", I stated. "What, come on at least a kiss I give me the will to", she whined. "Nope, you'll get it wh-", I tried to say, but a scream ranged out into the air. Freyja and I turned to see some of the villagers running away from something. A unfamiliar viking caught up with one them, sending an axe straight into the back of one their heads killing them instantly.

"THOSE WHO CAN'T FIGHT GET TO THE BOATS", Freyja shouted. The villagers immedietly grabbed some of the children and rushed towards the other gate where the boats were at. I went to leave, but she grabbed me by my fist. "You come with me", she stated. "What why, I can't fight", I replied. "I'm not letting you get away that easily", she replied. "Are you serious right now, I rather not leave you", I snapped. "Good, besides you don't need to fight I'll protect you", she stated. "Freyja, I'll be a distraction-LOOK OUT", I shouted. She didn't even bother to turn around, she unsheathed one of her swords from her back. As the viking was trying to slash her back, she stepped to the side a bit causing him to miss and stumble forward. I took a step back as he did. She sent the sword straight into his back killing him instantly. She put a foot onto his back to pull her sword out of him.

"Like I said I'll protect you", she stated. "You either come willingly or you ride on top my shoulders", she added. "I'll come with you", I replied. She gave me a psychotic smile while taking out her other sword. "I won't let these vikings get one look at you", she stated then turned around stomping off with me following her.

She was serious, as we walked through the village any vikings that approached us were soon cut down. No matter how many they were, two, three, possibly even more, she slain them without a second thought. She left bodies in her path, some missing heads, stomachs cut open, limbs chopped off. I noticed a woman crying over a body, it was Nia.

"NIA", I shouted rushing towards her. Nia looked up at me with a tear stained face. "Y/N STOP", Freya demanded, but I kept running towards her. Nia stumbled up then began walking towards me. She didn't even get to her second step before an arrow was sent into her head. She fell to the ground instantly. I froze in place staring at her lifeless body.

"Nia", I whimpered backing up slowly. A viking ran towards me from the side, axe raised up in the air. Freyja stepped out in between us. The axe landed on her shoulder, it didn't even make a crack into her armor. I heard the viking letting out a painful scream then collapsed to the ground. She turned towards me with a bloody face.