Chapter 8

Micah's pov

  The Vikings kicked me multiple times. I could feel my bones shattering in multiple places from their blows. I saw Y/n screaming as she was dragged away by that monster. I slowly reached for my dagger that was in pants. No matter how much my arm burned I kept going. I grabbed it then jumped up and stabbed a Viking in their neck. I pulled the dagger out and shoved him aside then took off into the Forrest.

        Who knew the winter could be the most beautiful yet the most deadly thing in this world

       My eyes shot open as I sat up quickly. "Woah woah don't sit up too quickly you're just recovering", the man by the bed said. I let out pants while looking at him.

       "Where am I", I asked. "I guess you can call this place a vacation get away", the man replied. I was too weak to ask again so I just laid back down in the bed.

        "I'm guessing you escaped a Viking attacked", the man asked causing me to look at him. "How would you know", I asked. "I know how most victims act and why would you travel hours through the snow just to get here", he explained. I stared at him as tears filled my eyes. I used the back of my arm to cover my eyes.

          "They killed everyone...my wife they took her", I croaked. "She was right there in front of me and I couldn't do a goddamn thing", I cried. "She defended me if it weren't for her I would be dead, rotting in the fucking snow right now", I cried.

           "How did she save you", the man asked. "She stood in front of me before that monster could chop me in half, she sacrificed her life for mine", I replied. "I am suppose to protect her, we protect each other no matter what, I'm so weak", I cried. "That monster, that bitch took her", I cried.

           "What did this Viking look like". The man asked. "A tall woman with black hairy, some scars on her face and a huge axe", I answered. "That monster is called the pillager, Freyja ",the man stated. "She is a very dangerous and powerful viking", he added.

            "I don't care, I need to save my wife", I said. "I know you want to, but not in this state you can't", the man said. "Which is why you rest now and I can train you", the man suggest. "You train me", I question. "What's a better way to kill a Viking, you have to become one", he stated. I felt my heart drop, this man is a Viking.

              "Don't worry, I am a Viking, but I have a different way of doing things", he stated. I gave him an uneasy look then nodded my head. "Now rest, we will begin once your all healed up", he said. "Wait where did that other man go", I asked. "He went out to go get something, he won't be back anytime soon", he replied. I nodded my head then rest my head back. I only have one purpose now and that purpose is to save Y/n, no matter what the cost is.

               As I quickly went back to sleep, I didn't notice the frozen dead body of the man that was located at the back of the house.