Chapter 7

Y/n's pov

      After yesterday I started to leave Freyja's home whenever I can. Whenever she left I asked her to join her which she allowed me to if it was only like a walk on town. Soon after that she started to let me walk freely by myself, but I have to stay in the village. So I decided to spend most of my time helping out Nia and her husband, Travis. They're really nice people. They're like the neighbors that you actually liked. Life is good so far, but that's not the issue I was dealing with.

       My issue is Freyja.

       Everyday I go home to her. I can never avoid her, I can't even bring myself to. Everyday I learn a new side to her. A new side I adore and love, that word leaves a bad feeling on my tongue. I loved Micah, he was my half, he was my piece I was missing in my life. Now that he was gone that hole in my heart has been reopened again. Freyja took him away from me, so why is she a piece that fits the whole in my heart as well?

      "Y/m", a voice called causing me to loom up, it was Freyja. "Come with me", she said. "Arewe going back to your home", I asked. "No too early, I have to show you something", she replied. I had unsure feeling in my stomach. "Not to worry it isn't those prisoners, now let's go", she said. I stood up and began following after her. After a few minutes I noticed we were walking towards her horse. She got on the horse then helped me up. I adjusted myself a bit, I refused to hold onto her waist. She kicked her feet slightly making the horse trot towards the exit. Once we were outside the gate she made the horse stop.

       "Why did we st-", I began to ask, but stopped when she let out a loud shot and kicked the horse. The horse released a loud whine then began running. The wind caused me to almost fall off the horse making me lean forward and wrap my arms around her was it. I closed my eyes tightly as the horse ran through the woods dodging the tress with ease. 

        Once I felt the hors begin to slow down I opened my eyes. "You can let go now", Freyja chuckled. I looked up at her then at my arms. I released her waist quickly. She hopped off the horse then held a hand out towards me. I stared at it then grabbed it and let her help me off the horse. She didn't release my hand at all so I had to, I didn't want to, no I can't let her hold my hand.

        "Why are we out here", I asked. "To show you this", she said then looked forward. I looked towards where she was looking. It was a huge field of red flowers of all different kinds. The light snow made the environment look like it was glowing, like a magical place. I walked towards the field until I was standing in it. I bent down to touched one of the flowers, they petals felt gentle and full of life. 

        "Why ddi you bring me here", I asked. "To give you this", she replied then took a dagger out of her pocket. The blade looked sharp enough to cut anything, the carvings were unique. I took it and began tracing my thumb across the carvings. 

         "I don''t believe in rings, only causes issues when fighting with an axe so this should suffice", Freyja explained. "It's beautiful", I mumbled. "Only for you my dear", she said while caressing my cheek. I stared at her in shock as she did. She gave me a smile then turned around to touched some of the flowers.

          "I usually come here as a little whelp when I need to clear my mind", she stated. Her story fell to deaf ears as I stared at the dagger. I remember the feeling I felt when she first attacked my village. My mother, my husband, everyone else I cared for is dead because of her. I gripped the dagger tightly. I could kill her right now. She took everything from me. My home, my life, my fiancee, everything! She ruined my fucking life. I raised the dagger ready to stab her, but something stopped me. I looked up at my hand to see no one so why can't I bring the dagger down. Then I felt something in my chest, it hurt a lot. I remembered all the times we spent with each other in her village. I-I can't kill her. I dropped the dagger causing her to turn around. She looked at the dagger then back at me.

        "I can't kill you", I cried then stood up causing her to as well. "Why why can't I kill you", I shouted at her. "YOU TOOK EVERYTHING FROM ME DON'T YOU GET THAT", I screamed. "You killed everyone I loved so why can't I kill you, why does it hurt every time I think about killing you", I cried while slowly collapsing to my knees. "I can't love you, I refuse to", I mumbled with tears streaming down my face. 

       I felt her place her hand underneath my chin and lift it slightly making me look up at her. She had a sadistic smile on her face causing shiver to go down my back.

       "I am the Pillager", she said as she leaned over me. "I take whatever I want, no matter who or what stands in my way", she stated. "I said I wanted your heart, so I was going to have it no matter what", she said. Her hand moved down to my neck and wrapped around it. She forced me to stand up, but kept a hand on my neck; she wasn't choking me. 

        "Your husband was weak not worthy of your heart", she said. "You were the best treasure I could ever find in that village and I intent to keep you", she said leaning down towards me. "It's better to just accept the fact you are mine, forget about him and the others", she said. The past is the past, that was what Nia said.

      "Let me wash away all that pain of yours, let me replace it with my love", she cooed. I stared into her eyes to search for any sign of deception, there was none. Before I could reply she placed her lips onto mines. I slowly began kissing her back, I'm sorry Micah. I can't deny her no matter how much I wish to. She replaced the hole in my heart that you left unwilling. She broke the kiss and licked her lips. 

        "You are now mine and you will be forever", Freyja said. I stayed quiet at her response. "Say it", she said squeezing slightly. "I am yours, forever and always", I replied. "Good girl, now let's return home", she said releasing my neck. She began heading back to her horse. I bent down to grab the dagger and rush after her. She was already on her horse when I caught up with her. She helped me onto the horse and began riding back home, to her village as lovers.

Micah pov

        "YOU BETTER RUN FAST", a viking shouted as I ran through the woods. I held my dislocated arm as I dodged the trees. I noticed a huge tree so I stopped and hid it. The lights were closer now signaling the vikings were nearby.

         "Let's go back, he'll die out in this cold", one of them said. "I wanted to kill the little ass", one of the spat. "Do you want Freyja to kill you", the other replied. The lights finally began disappearing back into the woods. I let out huffs while forcing myself to stand up. The cold began seeping into my skin, I need to find heat. I stumbled through the woods. I was fighting the deathly slumber that was trying to overcome. My body fought to keep warm, but it was slowly beginning to cool down. I need to find heat. I can't die out here, Y/n, my love she needs me.

       I don't know how long I have been walking through these trees. The only thing keeping me from passing out Y/n, my light, my sun, my warmth. I need to see her again, I need to feel her again, I need to hear her voice, I need to see her. 

       I saw a little small hut in front of me causing me to begin to speed walk towards it. I shoved my shoulder into the door and began banging on it with my forehead. I collapsed against the door landing on my shoulder then rolled onto my backside. I let out a groan of pain from my shoulder. I struggled to stay awake until he door opened. I can't die out here, not like this. I need to save Y/n from that monster. 

         Before my eyes fully closed I saw the door opened and light poured out. A man stood over me then bent down towards me. Another ran out from the house and grabbed my legs. They lift me up and began bringing me inside. I soon passed out from exhaustion soon after that.