Chapter 12

Micah's pov

"AHHHHHHH", I shouted as I swung the warhammer. I knocked down four Vikings, the end of the hammer smashed right into the the skull of a Viking. His head went flying off his shoulders then landed on top the snow. His eyes were still wide open and blinking as the blood leaked from the bottom of his neck.

             "I see you like the new weapon", John stated. "It's light, but it's a Warhammer", I asked. "You just gotten stronger, the weapon did not become lighter", he answered. I wiped the sweat against my forehead as we walked towards one of the barrels of wine. He took a wooden cup and scooped up some wine. He held the wine out for me to take.

            "You want me to drink", I asked. "As a reward and preparation for tomorrow", he stated. I took the cup and took a huge gulp. Once I was done I goosed the cup aside.

             "I thought you cared for the land", John said. " I did, but now I have more things to worry about", I replied. "Micah, are you sure your wife will be truly your wife", he asked. "What do you mean by that", I asked. "She won't betray you, not become a whore like other girls", he asked. "John, I suggest you chose the next words carefully", I snapped.

              "I did not mean to hurt your feelings, what I'm asking is can you explain her to me, why is she worth all this", he asked. "Y/n is my love, my one true love", I stated. Y/n's smile flashed in my mind.

               "When I think about her, life is worth living if I could be close to her", I said with a smile. "She would never betray me, we were going to be wed until that monster ruined it for us", I spat. "She's sound lovely", John said. "She is", I said.

            "To be specific, Y/n and I are wed without needing the words of the gods to be", I stated. "Y/n would never betray me", I stated proudly.

Y/n's pov

         "Can you not do that", I panted while griping the back her hair. Freyja lifted her head from between my legs and licked her lips.

          "I thought you like biting", she cooed. "I have to mark you", she added while nuzzling the inner side of my thigh.

          "C-Can we just go to sleep now", I fussed. "You're no fun", she pouted while lifting herself up. She crawled back onto the bed next to me. She slid her arm under my back to pull me closer towards her. She put her face on my neck and started to leave little kisses.

"I'm curious, did you and your husband ever lay with one another", she asked. "No, he didn't want to until we wed", I answered. "He missed out then", she mumbled. "What's that suppose to mean",I asked."nothing nothing", she chuckled. "Why are you asking", I asked. "Just curious is all", she replied. "So you only laid with me", she asked. "Pretty much", I replied. "Good", she mumbled. "Good? Is it bad if I did", I asked. "Yes it would be, I would have to hunt them down", she explained. "Just because I laid with them? it's all in the past", I replied. She removed her face from my neck. She got on top of me, her body shadowing me easily. Her hair fell stopped just by my hair making makeshift curtains.

        "When I said I want your heart, I meant all of you", she stated. "Your heart, your body and your soul", she said. "My soul? We may go to different places when we die", I replied. "I'll just take you with me, snatch you away just like a huldra snatches the souls of men", she said leaning down a bit. "I'll lure you away from the spiritual otherworld, you'll follow me to Niflheim", she added. "You are mine in this life and in the next", she stated. I just smiled up at her.

       "You don't have to I'll follow you there", I replied. "You would follow me into place filled with evil souls", she asked. "Not like I have a choice", I answered. She smirked at me then placed her lips onto mines. As usual she forced my mouth open with her tongue. No use in fighting her she made me submit every time. She broke the kiss then placed her forehead against mines.

         "I own you", she whispered. "I love you too", I replied. She smirked at me then got off me and back by my side. I snuggled into her chest then soon went to sleep.