Chapter 4

Y/n's pov

Freyja was smoothing out the bed, making sure the covers were off the ground. I stood there glancing around the room. Once she was done she looked at me and smile.

"Our bed", she said while motioning her hands to the bed. Like how a royal advisor introduce their lieges.

"Our bed, I rather sleep alone", I said while backing towards the doorway slightly. One of the floor boards creak as I did which may me frown a bit.

"Well this is the only bed in this home", she replied. "It's either the floor or the bed, you might die in the middle of the night from the cold", she added while unbutton her jacket. I closed my eyes as she did so to no see her naked chest.

"I'm not naked", she said causing me to open my eyes to see bandages wrapped around her chest. She placed her swords on the ground beside the bed on her side. She then grabbed the candle on the small table nearby and blew it out. The only light source now was the moonlight peaking through the small window. Even some through the wooden cracks on the wall.

She lift the covers and got under them, she still sat up to see what I will do. I let out a sigh then began lifting the covers and slowly began getting under them. I stayed near the edge of the bed, enough space away from her. I laid down with my back facing her.

"So cruel~", she whined before laying down causing the bed to shake a bit. I glanced back a bit to see she was taking up most of the bed since her arms and legs were sprawled out, asshole. I refused to sleep, I need to leave this place. I glanced back at her without moving. I stared her form as her chest went slowly up and down as she slept. I could easily kill her in her sleep, I could use her weapon that was near the bed and slay her with all my might. I looked away from her back at the wall in front of me.

I can't kill her, I refuse to become a monster like her. I need to stay the same, Micah he might still be alive. I didn't see him die so he must be alive right? Tonight was suppose to be our night. The first night as husband and wife. She took that moment away from us, I don't care for revenge. I just want to go back home, to him.

I don't know how long I feigned sleep, she's been asleep for a while now. I shifted in my sleep for a bit to se if I got a reaction out of her. Her breathing didn't change nor did she move. I slowly began moving my legs from under the covers. Once I felt my feet touch the floor I gently lift the covers off my chest and place it gently on the bed. I hunched a bit so I could quietly move towards the door way. The doorway was now in my reach.

The floor board made a huge squeaky noise.

I froze dead in my spot. My heart felt like it dropped to my stomach. I forgot about the stupid floorboard. I looked back slowly in fear she would be standing behind me. She was still sleeping in her bed, she didn't move a muscle nor twitch in her sleep. I held my breathe as I kept tip toeing. I was finally out of the room and infant of the exit doors. I gently opened them enough for me to peak out.

There were a few torches lit, but no people meaning no guards. I opened the door enough room for me to slip out. Once I was out I closed the door gently as possible. Once it was closed I grabbed the front of my dress and pulled it hard making a huge rip. I had more leg room now won't need to worry about tripping. I heard the sound of voices so I rushed to hide on the side of the house. I press my back hard on the wall.

"My wife called me fat again"

"You're not you're just bit on the big side

"Is that suppose to make me feel better"

The two didn't glance my way, I guess they were drunk. Once they were a good distance away from me I slowly walked out from the corner and went towards where they came from. I sped walk through the town. I would run, but that might make too much noise. I froze in my spot, the exit was the other way. I shook my head and kept walking, there has to be another way out if the men came from this direction. After a while of walking I saw the exit in the distance. I couldn't help to smile and began walking faster. Just a few more steps and I'm free.

As soon as I made it to the entrance. a guard step out from beside the house. He was looking towards my direction. I froze dead in my spot. I didn't know if I was shivering from the cold or from fear. He just stared at me. He then shook his head then leaned his back against the house. He didn't care or he was just too drunk. I didn't know nor did I care. I slowly began walking pass him. He still didn't try to attack me, Once I was passed him I sprinted out the entrance. I guess this was the other entrance away from the shoreline. This one led me into the forest. I may die out here, but anything to get away from those bastards. If luck was on my side there may be a another village near by.

I ran fast through the forest, I dodged the trees that stood in my way. I didn't care for the branches that hit my face or small tears on this cursed dress. All I felt was joy that I escaped that place. In front of me I saw my mother, father and my Micah. I felt joy swell in my chase as I ran straight towards them. Micah smiled at me and held his arms open for me to jump into. Before I could even touch his hand they disappeared into thin air from the loud noise that could wake up half the forest. It was the sound of the cry of a horse.

I looked back to see a person on a horse charging towards me. The horse stomps shook the ground, to the point it felt like the earth ground was shaking. The person on the horse was Freyja. She had a sadistic smile on her face as she chased after me. I began to run faster. My legs felt like they were on fire and were about to collapse, but I kept pushing forward. I kept looking back to see she only got closer. I looked back only to see a huge tree branch. My head hit the tree branch hard. I was landed hard on my back causing me to let out a gasp of pain. I turned over and tried to crawl away or at least hide from her. But I froze in my spot when I heard the horse beside me. I looked to the right to see horse legs. I slowly looked up, to see Freyja smiling down at me.

She got off the horse and landed right in front of me. She grabbed me by my hair to lift my head up. I didn't know which one hurt more my bloody nose or my scalp.

"Time to go back home, little mouse", she cooed. I shook my head as I felt my tears flow down my cheeks. It felt like my tears were going to freeze. She released my hair making me land my face in the snow below us. She grabbed something from the horse and stood over me. Her feet were plant on each side of my hips keeping me in place. She grabbed my wrist and began tying them together, my struggles didn't bother her at all. Once she done with my wrist she cut the rope in half and tied my wrist together. Then did the same thing with my feet. Once she was done she picked up and placed me over her shoulder. She waked towards the horse and placed me on the back of it. She then got on and began riding back to the village where we just came from. I cried as we rode back to her home. My stomach sway from how fast the horse was moving. I began to feel dizzy from the amount of blood loss. Not too soon after I passed out.