Chapter 10

Micah's pov

My body hasn't fully healed yet, but John immediately started my training.

"You need to build up that body, make it learn how to absorb the pain", he said to me. "How do I do that", I asked. He smiled at me then turned me around. He shoved me hard making me fly forward and landed face first into the cold, wet dirt. I pushed myself up off the ground and stood up. I was surrounded by Vikings. I turned to look at John which have one of the Viking a clean punch to my cheek. I swayed to the side and went to attack him, but another Viking jumped in a sent a punch into my stomach. The same one uppercutted me under my jaw. My head pounded like crazy and I started to sway.

The Vikings noticed my daze actions so they all jumped in and pushed me to the ground. I tried to curl up in the a ball, but John's voice stopped me.

"DONT HIDE BOY, ABSORB THE HITS", he shouted. As much as I wanted to curl up in a ball I couldn't. I need to do this for Y/n. I went limp and let the Vikings beat my body to a bloody pulp. The hits felt like the hits from that day when my life was destroyed. From the little gap I imagined Y/n getting taken away by that monster. I let out a growl then jumped to me feet while letting out a scream.

I swung my fist at one of the Vikings hitting him hard on his cheek. His head twisted tot he side with blood flying out of his mouth. I grabbed a Viking in front of me and head butted him hard. His head flew back, but he regain his stance. I grabbed him by the throat and began to squeeze down hard. The other Vikings tried to pull me off of him, one was even pulling at my hair, but I refused to let go.

"That's enough", John said. The Viking immediately released me. I hestineted a bit, but released the Viking. I let out pants while swaying slightly. I looked at John who saw smiling down at me.

"We train more later this afternoon, go wash up", he said then walked away. I watched as he left and fought the sleep that tried to take over my mind and body. I can't sleep. I need to get stronger, faster, I need to be a Viking to be able to save my love.

Two weeks have passed. The training was brutal . Everyday the group of Vikings attack me at the same time. They did not hold back, John order them to attack me as if they wanted to kill me. I has my hair pulled, teeth knocked out, cut scars. My training changed everyday. One day it's fist, one day it's knives, one day it's axes, spears anything that was blunt, a point or a blade. Anything to strike fear into me or make me fight back just as hard.

What was shocking was my body has changed over time. I have always been a tall feller, but I was frail and not that much meat on my bones. Now my body grew slightly bigger. Stronger arms, sturdier legs and much more stamina. It was going good so far, until I accidentally pushed too hard.

I stabbed Baldr with a spear. It went straight through his chest plate. Baldr, was one of the Viking who attacked me the first time during training. He helped me clean up and get some food in me. He invited me into his home and everything, a honorable man. I killed him.

I stood over his body, the spear was still located in his chest, where his heart was suppose to be. I looked up from my bloody hands and at his wife and child. She stared at me with so much disbelief and betrayal. The child, the poor thing didn't understand what I just done. Before I could run over and apologize, John stopped me.

"Good my boy, you have now became a man", He said. I knew this didn't turn me into a man, it turned me into a murder. I have killed a Viking before, at least I think so. Back when my home was attacked I stabbed a Viking, but I wanted to I had to survive, what did that feel like again? This feeling was much different, I felt different.

           "Go burn his body, keep the armor", John said then pulled me away towards his home. I just went with him, not looking back at Baldr's wife or child. John brought me into his home and helped me wipe away the blood that was on my hands.

           "There you're clean now", he said. I began sobbing uncontrollably.

            "I didn't want to kill him", I cried. "He was my friend", I cried. "I know", John said rubbing my back. "Bur it needed to be done", John said. "What", I croaked. "Baldr, was our friend, friends help each other", he stated while sitting beside me. "He helped you become a real Viking, a Viking who doesn't hesitate to kill", he explained as he stood up to walk towards his fireplace.

            "I had to learn that to e hard way", he said. "What do you mean", I asked. He let out a deep sigh then turned is head to the side a bit.

            "Micah, you're like a son to me", he said then turned around. "But I have a reason for why I am helping you", he said. "You did this because you needed a favor", I asked. "In a way yes, trust me if it weren't a problem I would've just trained you because I wanted to", he explained. I looked down at my right hand. I still had my wedding ring on.

              "You saved my life", I mumbled. "Whatever you need me to do, I will do it", I said. "That woman, the pillager she killed me brother", he stated. "Like I said my brother has always been a realist, which is why he died with a smile on his face", he added. "How did she kill him", I asked.

              "We grew up in that village, our ancestors have lived there for centuries", John stated. "My great grandfather gave the village leader title to my grandfather then gave that title to my father", he stated. "I never cared for being in a higher position so I let my brother take on the job and become the village leader", he explained. "Then he married a simple girl and had a little girl", he stated then turned towards me.

              "He named her Freyja", he said, my eyes widened. "Wait you're saying", I asked. "Yes, the pillager is my niece", he said. "Why would she kill her own father, her own flesh and blood", I asked. "I never knew, but she did it with ill intent", he replied. "I knew ever since my brother got married to that woman who produced that evil incarnate, something bad will happen to him", he stated. "That girl, had such evil eyes when she was born, not the innocent eyes of a babe", he spat.

            "She had the eyes of a devil, Micah, the eyes of a person who has a greed filled heart", he said. "My brother is a realist, but he was always fool", John said. "He knew that child was evil, but still kept it", he said. "Which caused his demise", he finished.

           "What are you asking me", I asked. He walked towards and stood over me.

           "We need to kill every last person there, except your wife of course", he answered. "You know the people who follow her and live with her have signed there death warrants", he added. "They're evil Micah, think about your wife", he said.

             I had a frown on my face then I looked down at my ring. He's right, those people didn't care for destroying my home. They didn't care they killed my family. They didn't care that they stole the love of my life.

           Why should they live a life full of luxury.

            "I'll help you", I said. He ha da huge smile on his face. "Excellent, now for your last training", he said. I stood up and held my head high. He took our a dagger then hovered it over the flames. Once the blade lit up slightly he took it out and then turned towards me.

            "I believe by destroying that village we are purifying the land", he said while walking towards me. "Helping the land die then be reborn once again", he added. "Your last task Micah, will help you be reborn and become the person you need to be to save your wife", he said.

              "Cut your ring  finger off"