A Helping Hand

Attack on Titan: The Rules of Nature (Male Raiden! Reader x Mikasa Ackerman)

Special Chapter #4

(A/N: This also takes place before the expedition)

At a hospital, (Y/N) and Christa are helping a few Garrison Soldiers, treating their wounds and carrying a few medical equipments for the hospital,

Garrison Soldier:"Actually, Christa, bring those things over here, would you?"

Christa:"O-Oh! Yes! Be right there!"

Garrison Soldier 2:"Quickly, Christa, tend to my foot!"

Garrison Soldier 3:"Hey, I asked her first! Would you look at my arm first, miss?"

Garrison Soldier:"You guys might want to keep those "requests" down a bit. Raiden's here too and you're gonna get yourselves in trouble."

Garrison Soldier 2:"Oh yeah..r-right."

Garrison Soldier 3:"We'll just get back to work then..."

(Y/N):"*to Christa* You seem rather popular around everywhere you go."

Christa:"I get that a lot but I try my best not to get much attention."

Infirmary Soldier:"Sorry to pull you two in all directions like this."

(Y/N):"No need to. We're just glad we're able to help in any way."

Christa:"Right! You've taught us how to perform so many different kinds of treatments. We expect to be busy!"

Infirmary Soldier:"Thank you. It's a huge help. In that case, could you see to this next?"

(Y/N):"Sure. What is it?"

After a while, the two of them managed to help the Infirmary Soldier.

Infirmary Soldier:"Alright, I think that's all I needed your help with for now. Thank you very much. You've-- Oh!"

(Y/N) and Christa turned their heads to see a woman and a young girl approaching them.

Woman:"Hello again. We're here to see my husband."

Infirmary Soldier:"Of course. I hope you're doing okay. He's in the ward at the far end."

Woman:"*nodding* Thank you."

The woman and the young girl head their way to the ward.

Christa:"Who were those people? Isn't this a military hospital only?"

Infirmary Soldier:"Yes, that's the family of a soldier in our care. Normally, only military personnel are allowed in here, but...Well, he probably doesn't have long to live, sadly. He's contracted a very serious illness from injuries he sustained in battle with the Titans. There's no known cure at the moment."

???:"You mean...you can't help my dad."

The three of them turned to see the young girl from earlier.

Young girl:"Don't worry. I won't tell Mom. I don't want her to be sad. *runs away*"

Christa:"Oh dear! Wait! *to (Y/N)* I have to go after that poor girl, (Y/N). She looked like she was about to burst into tears."

(Y/N):"I agree."

Christa:"Okay then..."

(Y/N):"But what should we do?"

Christa:"I'm not sure. Ah! I have an idea! *to the Infirmary Soldier* Would you mind if we make regular visits here? I'd like to see if I can help comfort that little girl."