The Rain Transformed

Attack on Titan: The Rules of Nature (Male Raiden! Reader x Mikasa Ackerman)

Part 21

Somewhere in Trost District, Levi, Gray Fox, Eren, Mikasa, Historia, Sasha and Connie are walking around the street. Mikasa looks around and sees a few villagers passing through while others are either buying items from a market place.

While the group were walking, one of the  citizens turned around and noticed them.

Citizen 1:"Hey..."

Citizen 2:"Aren't you Levi?"

Levi:"*looking at them* Hm?"

Citizen 3:"It is! I've seen him before!"

Citizen 4:"And is that Gray Fox?"

Citizen 5:"It's them! Humanity's strongest soldiers!!"

The citizens began to gather around the group, making a crowd,

Citizen 6:"Hey, Captain Levi's small..."

Citizen 7:"Hah! I've only ever seen him on a horse!"

Levi:"*annoyed* You'e in the way."

Citizen 8:"Come on, Captains. Please hear us out! We humble folk just want a word with you two."

Citizen 9:"We lost out on a lot of work because of that evacuation plan you soldiers made all that noise about! It's not just us. People don't come to towns by the Wall like this one anymore because of all the uncertainty. Our income's gone and we can't eat."

Citizen 10:"The Garrison ran off somewhere, and crowds of thieves came in to take their place. But taxes are as high as ever. What are we supposed to do? Why'd things turn out like this? Why do the Titans keep attacking? I think I know why. It's because you in the Survey Corps aren't working hard enough. I've always blamed myself if I don't make money in my business. I work and get nothing in return all the time. But it's not like that for you people, is it? You laze around, get nothing done, and you still get to eat..."

Citizen 11:"Right? What're you doing strolling through town like this? Going shopping?"

Citizen 12:" *leaning towards to one of the women* Out on a walk, women in tow...All high and mighty!"

Sasha:"Eek!!"

Citizen 10:"If you've got any shame at all...just leave some money and go away. Start repaying us for all the food the Survey Corps didn't earn."

While the citizens gave them, glaring faces, Levi looked over the crowd to see an old woman holding a baby in her arms, her face filled with sadness and sorrow. She noticed him and held her baby close to her.

Just then, Gray Fox glances behind him and notices something coming towards them.

Gray Fox:"Hey! Watch out!"

The citizens did nothing despite what Gray Fox said. Instead, their glare darkened and their eyes were filled with confusion.

Citizen 10:"Huh? Watch out for what?"

Two citizens grabbed both Captains by their sleeves.

Citizens 10:"What's that Humanity's strongest soldiers?!"

Gray Fox's eye glows red as he and Levi kick the citizens away from them.

Levi:"There's a carriage coming!!"