Night of the Battle to Retake Wall Maria

Attack on Titan: The Rules of Nature (Male Raiden! Reader x Mikasa Ackerman)

Opening:

Part 28

A few days have passed and everything seemed well for Y/N. Despite everything that has happened to him, he managed to slowly heal himself up and spend the time with the people close to him. Each day, he could feel himself getting back to his old self and he could never feel any happier than that, especially whenever he was around the woman he loved.

Two months have passed and the day was quite peaceful. Y/N smiles as he, Jean, Eren and Armin watch the queen, Historia, chasing a few children around the farmland, which was owned by the crown, while the others helped out in carrying the crates for the orphanage. Something that Historia had planned to build for the kids in need.

Y/N looks at Historia and smiled as she chased the kids around the farmland. It was like he was seeing her getting back to the Historia he knew back then even though she was the queen. In fact, he was proud for what she was doing for the people and had hoped the future would be brighter under her rule.

Jean:"I don't know..."

Y/N:"Hm? What is it?"

Armin:"It's just that...she's not the queen I expected her to be."

Jean:"She's been wearing the crown for two months now. But she seems more at home running an orphanage than ruling."

Y/N:"I don't mind. Besides, she can rule the way she wants to rule. She's the queen after all."

Armin:"It's the Military that's really ruling the Walls...so there's no way of hiding the fact that the monarchy is just for show. Anyways, going back to Historia, do you know what they call her on the street?"

Y/N:"*nods* The "Cattle-Farming Maiden." They mean it lovingly, of course."

Jean:"Naturally. The hero who vanquished an attacking Titan turns out to be this modest and admirable? I guess she really is a maiden now...*smirks* At this rate, no one's even going to remember who plugged the hole in Trost District, eh?"

None of the others made no reaction to what he said which made Jean feel awkward about saying that.

Y/N:"I understand your attempts at humor, Jean. However, I simply do not find them entertaining."

Eren:"Heck, none of us do."

Y/N and Eren smirked and bumped their fist at each other while Jean grits his teeth at the two. Y/N went back to watching and looked up ahead to see Mikasa, Sasha and Connie carrying a few crates, while a few children surrounded them.

One of them was pulling Sasha's hair while one was pulling Connie's cheek down with one finger. Y/N slightly chuckled at this as he watched this.

Though, the more he watched, the more he started thinking of something. In his mind, he thought of a young boy, who looked just like him when he was a kid, running around the field and Mikasa was there, smiling and looking much older than before. Y/N thought about it and a small smile formed in his face. One day, he'll make that dream of his come true.

Eren:"You know, one of the reasons Historia made the decision to become queen...was to do this."

Y/N:"*snaps out of his thoughts and looks at Eren* What do you mean?"

Armin:"This?"

Eren:"She looked everywhere, from the underground to every corner of the Walls...she gathered the orphans and the people in need she found there, brought them to this farm, and started taking care of them. She's using the royal family's budget and the assets seized from politicians to run this place and help the poor. Even the Captains are backing her up. Well...Captain Levi was from the Underground, after all. They were concerned about a backlash from the aristocracy at first, but all their resistance did was further strengthen her support among the people. I don't think she'd thought it out quite this far. Bit she said she was going to find people in trouble, no matter where they were, and go save them. This is what Historia wanted to do..."