Let 'Er Rip!

Attack on Titan: The Rules of Nature (Male Raiden! Reader x Mikasa Ackerman)

Opening:

Part 25

Back at the woods, the Survey Corps still discussed about their plan to save Eren and Historia. While they were discussing, Hange brings up something important and some news to the group.

Y/N:"Eren's going to be eaten?"

Hange:"It's only speculation based on Reiner and Bertholdt's words and actons. But it may be a way for someone to gain Eren's "Titan Power." I'll tell you more while we move."

Everyone nods and got on their wagons and horses. Armin whips the horses on the wagon and they all got moving, heading their way to their next destination.

Hange:"This is the Survey Report Erwin commissioned of the Reiss Estate. If Eren and Historia have fallen into the hands of the Reiss Family, as our mission outline supposes...then we can assume that they'll be taken to the estate. Survey Corps members disguised as farmers have been conducting a covert survey of the grounds. Most of their report concerns the details of an incident involving the Reiss Family five years ago."

Y/N:"Incident?"

Hange:"The Reiss Family was blessed with five children. But the father, had yet another child. Of course that isn't a very unusual story...and on the estate, he enjoyed an otherwise good reputation. In particular, his eldest daughter, Frieda, was loved by all for her guileless character. She was even known to stroll through the fields to thank the farmers for their work. Everyone living on the grounds considered her the estate's pride and joy. But...tragedy struck the night Wall Maria fell. Marauding bandits who had taken advantage of the chaos raided one of the buildings, an important one, in the village and set it on fire. It was destroyed. No one in the village saw the men enter. And to make matters worse, that night...the entire Reiss family gathered there together to pray after the breach in the Wall. The bandits massacred every membered of the family except for the father, Rod Reiss. This all took place just days before Historia's mother was killed by Military Police from the Interior. Right after that, Rod Reiss suddenly began planning to make contact with Historia. That must have something to do with why they wanted her."

Levi:"Blood ties...is there something special about that bloodline?"

Mikasa:"Where are they now?"

Hange:"Well...let's leave that topic for another time. What caught my attention was the fact the building was destroyed."

This catches the attention of everyone.

Hange:"Yes. It was made of stone, not wood. Yes...even stone buildings weaken after a fire, but...that would mean that these bandits happened to be carrying siege weapons around. Why would common robbers need to destroy a building? Bandits would just take what they wanted and leave quickly. And the only person who saw what happened...was Rod Reiss. The same Rod Reiss immediately rebuilt that building using his own assets. Why would he do that?"

Y/N:"You think they're hiding something?"

Hange:"Predictively, yes. Plus, it's even stranger when you consider that there were no Titans there. I may be jumping to conclusions, but any place that suspicious should be worth checking out!"

Listening to all of this, Levi began to think about until moments later, he thought of a plan.

Levi:"Fine. Let's head there then."