The Beast Titan

Attack on Titan: The Rules of Nature (Male Raiden! Reader x Mikasa Ackerman)

Part 13

Armin:"*narrating* The Scouts managed to restrain the human shifter inside the Female Titan, Annie Leonhart. However, she encased herself in crystal to avoid interrogation. Meanwhile, during the failed sortie, the part of the Wall was damaged, revealing Titans inside, which forms the Walls. Such a shocking revelation could not be made public. Before carrying out the plan to capture the Female Titan...some of the new recruits were isolated in an installation to the south of Wall Rose, in hope of flushing out the suspected traitor believed to be colluding with the Female Titan.  Miche Zacharius, leading an elite squad, was charged with keeping the new recruits under surveillance.  Having performed well in the capture of the Female Titan, (Y/N) was ordered by the Commander to go as to assist in keeping the recruits safe. Hopefully, they'll be alright..."

Somewhere at an outpost, (Y/N) lands on top of a tower and walks towards to his fellow Scouts, Miche and Nanaba.

Miche:"Anything?"

(Y/N):"None so far. But we have to be ready just in case."

Nanaba:"We will. Anyways, I can't believe it. Do you think one of your friends have been conspiring with Annie Leonhart?"

(Y/N):"*sighs* I hope not.."

Miche:"*to (Y/N)* I know it's hard to accept but it's not a possibility we can't ignore."

(Y/N):"*hanging his head low, his eyes filled with contempt* I know.."

Inside the outpost where the recruits are, Sasha and Connie were staring out the window in boredom while Reiner and Bertholdt are playing chess.

Connie:"This place isn't far from my village...it's to the South."

Sasha:"It's very close to my hometown too."

Connie:"We've come all the way out to the South part of the Wall Rose. Why can't we go back? We don't have anything to do, either. We're just sitting here all day. Man, this is such a bummer. Maybe I'll sneak out tonight."

Sasha:"Ohh? You want to go home that badly? I was told not to come home until I became respectable."

Connie:"Everyone said that a pipsqueak like me could never become a soldier. But I ended up a prodigy. I made the top ten of my training corps. That's why I'm gonna go back to my village and lord it over them. I don't have to rub it in, but..I want to, while I'm still alive."

Reiner:"Connie, if you're serious about that, I'll help you."

Connie:"*looking at him* What? Why?"

Reiner:"Don't you think this is strange? Why are we on standby dressed like civilians? Our orders said not to wear our combat uniforms and not to train. Why? We're soldiers! What makes me even more suspicious is the fact that our officers, including (Y/N), are fully equipped. We're not on the front lines, you know. We're inside the Walls! What are they going to be fighting?"

Connie:"Hmm..If I were to guess..there must be bears around here."

Sasha:"Heh. Bears. Sure."

Reiner:"They'd just have guns if they were worried about bears. Everyone here is confused. They don't know what's going on. You and Sasha are the only ones who are relaxed and carefree. Personally, I feel like sneaking out and seeing how our officers react."

Connie:"...."

Sasha:"Hm?"

Feeling extremely bored, Sasha leans her head on the table, with her eyes still wide open but worn out due to boredom. A few minutes went by until Sasha widened her eyes and lifts her head up from the table.