Isaac

It had been a little less than a month since Sam had been bitten and turned into a werewolf; she'd spent most of that time around Derek after school and on her nights off of work.

It was a few days before the next full moon and she was already starting to feel the effects from it. She hoped that she'd be able to keep from shifting.

Derek praised her ability to take back control so quickly during the last full moon and even though she felt stronger and more confident than she did before getting the bite -she still didn't fully trust her body yet when it came to shifting.

Everytime her heartrate started to rise she'd internally panic that something would put her over the edge.

She finished up washing the last of the dishes from dinner that night and was leaned over the kitchen island, making a list of things for her mom to pick up from the grocery store when she heard a noise.

Looking up she gasped as she saw Derek standing in the kitchen with her.

"How do you keep getting in here?" She asked him, trying to catch her breath from the fright.

Ignoring her question he said, "There's another beta or maybe an omega somewhere in town."

"Really?" She asked intrigued by the thought of it.

It had just been her and Derek in the pack so far.

He nodded.

"What are we going to do?" She asked him as she laid the pen she'd been writing with down.

"For now try to find out who it is before the Argents do. They've been in the woods every night this week since we're nearing another full moon." He explained.

She nodded and looked back down to the list she was making.

Derek stared blankly at her as Sam continued to prioritize the list she was making over the news he'd just delivered.

When she didn't look back up, he nodded for her to follow him, "Come on."

"You're... letting me come with you?" She asked surprised.
Aside from her learning and training with him at night, he seemed to be going about other things entirely alone.

Nodding he said, "You've been doing really well."

She beamed a smile.

"I need to make sure my brother's asleep first." She said as she walked past him.

He watched her as she went up the stairs.

After checking on her brother and pulling on a jacket she met Derek outside at his car.

Even though it was cold outside they drove with their windows down to pick up the scent of the wolf which they tracked to the cemetery.

They watched as the other werewolf knocked over the backhoe that was being used to dig a grave, the person sitting inside was thrown down into the open earth and the heavy machine landed over the grave.

The other werewolf started to dig up a grave and Derek raced towards it.

She paused not sure whether to follow Derek as he chased after the scared omega who'd darted into the woods or help whoever had fallen into the grave.

From listening to his heartbeat, she could tell whoever was trapped down in the hole was terrified so she went over to check on them.

It put up quite the struggle but, Sam managed to lift the heavy backhoe and look down in the grave to see a fellow student peering up at her with wide eyes.