Forfeit

Sam made it to her first class with only a minute to spare as she sat down in her desk and tried to -but was unable to wipe the smile from her face.

As happy as she was that she was with Derek now, a part of her was even happier that she'd gone after something she wanted.

"You're awfully happy." Isaac observed as he walked past her desk towards his seat a few rows up.

"It's a good day." Sam responded smiling even wider.

"Yeah, it is." Isaac agreed, happy to finally be out of hiding.

She looked up as Scott walked in and a shocked expression fell over his face.
It was bad enough having a few members of Derek's pack at school, but now that Isaac was back, it made things even worse.

Isaac shot him a cocky smile, before adjusting his leather jacket and turning around in his seat.

Scott sat down in his seat and looked around the room, not sure what had even happened. The last he'd heard, Isaac was a fugitive.

Hearing the scuffing of shoes on the polished floor, Sam looked over as Stiles nearly fell into his seat at his desk one row over from her and leaned forward to tell Scott, "Dude, I just talked to my dad, who talked to Jackson, and I've got really terrible, horrible, very, very, bad news."

Turning around Scott motioned to where Isaac was sitting in the front of the room he said, "I think I already know."

It was only seconds later that both Scott and Stiles were looking at Sam, as if they were waiting on an explanation.
She hated the way they always did that.
It was like because they had talked a few times, she was going to tell them everything about her pack.

Maybe she just came off as weaker than the rest of her pack because she was more friendly. But just because she was on friendly terms with Scott and Stiles didn't mean she was any less loyal to her pack.

A few classes later, Sam had found out that their chemistry classes were being combined into a large class to run a group-lab experiment.

She texted Derek to let him know that's when she would test Lydia, and she'd also sent out a text to Erica, Isaac and Boyd so they'd know the plan.

Boyd wasn't in one of the classes that would be combined, but Erica and Isaac were.

~()~

Samantha walked into chemistry and looked around, her palms were sweaty and she was terrified.

What if she gave Lydia the venom and she didn't have a reaction? Then Derek would for sure kill her.
And in a roundabout way that would be on her.

She'd gotten to know Lydia. And after so many years of thinking she didn't have a heart, Sam now knew she did indeed have a heart and that Jackson had broken it.
Not to mention Lydia had opened up to her about the nightmares and hallucinations she'd been having.

It couldn't be Lydia.
Sam had to believe that to follow through the plan. It just couldn't be her.

Taking a seat at a table next to the one Lydia was at, she looked over and smiled at Lydia who returned the friendly gesture along with a small wave.

When she finally looked back up she saw Isaac and Erica heading towards the table Lydia was sitting at, while Scott slid in the seat beside her.

Her fellow pack members sat down at another empty table, and Stiles looked around before taking the empty seat next to Sam.

She avoided his eyes as he stared at her, wondering if she was in on the plan to kill Lydia too.

Jackson had alerted them after he'd overheard Isaac and Erica talking about testing her with kanima venom in the hallway.