Fear What You've Found

"Basically, because of the bond between the kanima and the one who's controlling it... we can catch them both." Derek finished explaining what he'd learned from Dr. Deaton the night before.

Isaac nodded as he picked up his bag from the floor.

"I'm in." Erica said as she checked her make up in her compact mirror from her purse.

"Me too." Boyd agreed.

When everyone looked at Sam she kept her gaze steady on Derek, "I need to know something. Are you still planning on killing Jackson?" she asked.

A few moments passed, each felt like an hour as she waited hopeful on response.

"We're trying to trap them both." Derek explained.

"But..." Sam pushed knowing it wasn't the entire story.

"But, if I get the opportunity... yes, I'm going to take him out." He admitted, knowing she wouldn't like the answer.

Shrugging she said in a defeated tone, "I don't know what's right anymore. After seeing what happened to Erica, I'm not sure we should let Jackson live. But I do know that I can't be a part of killing him."

"Then what are you saying?" Isaac asked.

"I'm saying that... whatever happens, happens. But I don't want to know. Don't tell me where it's going to happen or the plan or anything. Just count me out of this one."

Erica looked between her and Derek.
She knew that they hadn't had the chance to talk since Sam had given him an ultimatum about accepting who she was and what she believed in.

"Yeah, besides... Sam can't help us. She's got a date."

Sam's eyes widened as she looked over to Erica, who smirked at her while holding back a laugh.

"It's not a date." Sam said, as she looked back to Derek, who's expression wasn't giving anything away.

She hated the way he could do that, manage to mask every single one of emotions.

Sniffing the air, Erica continued "Hmm... is that the ripe scent of jealousy? Or anger? I can never really tell..."

"We're late for school." Sam gasped as she pushed Erica up the stairs and out of the hideout.

~(Later that night)~

"Are you okay?" Sam asked as she looked in the driver's seat to where Allison was gripping the steering wheel, even though the car was shut off.

"I'm fine." She dismissed, but the truth was she wasn't fine at all.
She'd had to tell her dad and Gerard that Jackson was the kanima and that he'd be at the rave that night.

She was under the impression that her family was going to trap him, but the truth was they were planning to kill him.

"I'll meet you guys inside." Allison said as she got out of the car.

Matt got out of the backseat and Sam got out of the passenger seat as they both looked around the steadily filling parking lot.

He started to walk but then stopped when he realized she wasn't following him.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

"I've just never been to this kind of party before... or really any kind of party. I'm just not sure how to act, or if I even wore the right thing." She crossed her arms over herself and then awkwardly let them fall to her sides.

He looked her over, from her black boots, destroyed dark denim shorts and black and white shirt

"You look great." He said, his tone honest.