I Was Only Trying to Protect You

Samantha's heart beat wildly in her chest as she now had both hands on the back of Derek's head and neck, feeling like she couldn't get close enough to him.

He still had one hand on her bare back, and the other was now tangled in her hair.

Both of them entirely absorbed in the other, and oblivious to the world around them, or they were until they both heard a gasp.

Quickly pulling back and breaking the kiss, Samantha looked past Derek to where her mom and brother were standing in her doorway.

"Gross." Jacob breathed out as he shook his head and walked away, trying to get the image of his sister making out with a guy, out of his head.

"Uh..." Sam stuttered out as she looked between Derek and her mom.

"Your brother said you were sick..." Amanda said, not able to hide the look of shock on her face.

"I was... but I'm all better." She said, with a nervous laugh.

"Yeah, I can see that." She responded as she shook her head back and forth.

She frowned, it wasn't like her and Samantha had an open relationship and talked about her love life. But she felt like that was only because Sam didn't have a love life.

She went to school, then work and came home.
Like she always had, she'd never had to worry about Sam before.

"Derek just came to check on me..." She continued to nervously ramble.

"I didn't know you had a boyfriend." Amanda said, causing her daughters entire face to turn bright red.

"Mom!" she yelled as she scooted back more and hung her head.

In the intensity of the moment she'd had with Derek, and now scooting backwards on the bed her blanket had slid down enough to reveal Samantha's pink bra.

"Oh my god... and you're in your bra..." Amanda exclaimed as she diverted her eyes and looked side-to-side, not sure what to do.

Sam gasped and quickly motioned for her mom to get out of her room.

The next few moments flew by in a blur as she jumped off her bed, pulled some clothes on and practically pulled Derek down the stairs and out the front door, mumbling that she'd see him the next day.

~()~

Later that night, Sam was sitting at the table talking to her mom and brother as they ate a pizza they'd ordered.

"So..." Amanda said, as she looked at her teenage daughter.

"So..." Sam responded, not making eye contact.

Jacob looked between his sister and mom, his mouth slightly open as he was dying to ask a question.

After a few moments passed, he scooted up to the edge of his seat and excitedly asked, "Did he really kill those people?"

Sam's eyes widened and her mom asked, "What are you talking about?"

"Derek Hale... the guy in Sam's room." He finished his sentence with a disgusted look on his face.

When they both shot him an even more confused look he shrugged and said, "They had wanted posters of him everywhere, even at my school."

"Samantha?" Amanda asked as she looked at her in shock.

"He didn't kill anyone." She assured her family.

Jacob shrugged as he grabbed another slice of pizza, "He's scary, he looks like he could be a killer."