Friends or Enemies

"You look cute." Erica said with a wide smile as she walked up to Samantha.

Smiling and shutting her locker Sam turned and said, "Thanks, looks like you're not the only one who got a makeover."

Erica titled her head back and laughed, "I'm surprised you didn't get one sooner. What's the deal anyways? You're a werewolf and you still seem like the same person you were before. All quiet and shy."

"I'm not that quiet and shy." Samantha defended, shifting her books in her arms.

"The next morning after I got the bite, I felt like an entirely different person. I felt free, for the first time in a long time. I literally burned all of my old clothes, no more hiding for me. I want to be noticed." Erica explained as she felt her pockets to make sure she hadn't forgotten her lunch money for the day.

Shrugging Sam replied, "I still don't feel a whole lot different than I did when I was human."
"And as for my new found sense of fashion, I didn't pick out any of these clothes... Lydia did." Samantha admitted.

"Wait, Lydia Martin?" Erica asked surprised.

Sam nodded and saw Scott heading towards them.

"I thought she hated you." She exclaimed.

"Yeah, I did too. But I guess not, she's not so bad." Sam admitted, "We actually had fun togther."

"Since Derek has turned three of you, he doesn't need anyone else right?" Scott asked the two girls.

"The bigger our pack, the stronger we are." Samantha simply replied.

Erica pulled a make-up compact from her purse and checked her pale pink lip gloss.

"Are you saying he's going to turn someone else?" Scott asked her.
The fear he felt for his classmates growing stronger by the second.

"I didn't say that." She defended.

Closing the compact with a loud snap Erica took a few steps towards him and said, "Why would we need anyone else, Scott? We have you..."

Knowing they were hiding something he gruffly asked, "Who's next?"

"You know I never knew what I looked like during a seizure, until someone took a video of me once and put it online." Erica began to explain.

Sam bit down on her lower lip as she thought about how bad things must have been for her new friend.

"I don't care." Scott said.

"It happened during class. I started seizing at my desk and everyone was saying how they should put something in my mouth, until some genius reads the card on my key ring which says not too because it could break my teeth." She continued, feeling stronger with every word.

"Erica!" Scott said with his voiced raised.
His first and main concern was stopping Derek from turning anyone else.

"Then you know what happens next? I piss myself and they start laughing..." she said as she moved closer to him, pinning him against the lockers.

Uncomfortable, Sam took a few steps backwards and then glanced around before putting her head down and scurrying off to her next class.

It seemed like Erica was more than capable of handling herself with Scott.

At lunch Samantha sat down at a round table by herself and scanned the lunchroom her eyes stopping on Scott and Allison as they sat at separate tables with their backs to each other.

"I know how it looked, but she came up to me." Scott defended.

Earlier in the hallway, Allison had seen Scott and Erica when she had pinned him to the wall.