Empire

Sam tried to focus and use all of her senses but after the trying night she'd had and the state of fear the encounter with Matt had put her in - she wasn't doing so good.

About the only thing she could determine was that somehow her window had been opened.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked, emerging from the shadows.

She let out a huge sigh of relief and tears immediately burnt her eyes; she was safe.

"Sam?" He asked, concerned.

Not saying anything she ran over to her window and looked outside, her eyes frantically searching the street for any sign of Matt.

Slamming the window shut she locked it and then closed her curtains.

Closing her eyes she leaned against the wall next to her window and managed to catch her breath.

"Sam!" Derek repeated, causing her to jump.

"I'm okay... I stopped coughing a little while ago. I'm healing." She assured him, her words came out jumbled.

"What's going on?" He asked.
He could sense it and her wolf scent was strong in the air. She was ready for a battle, against what, he wasn't sure.

"It's nothing... it's just been a really rough day is all."

He gave her a disbelieving look as she went over to other window and closed the curtains on that one too.

"Is it even possible to be a werewolf, and an extremely bad judge of character at the same time?" She sighed, thinking how she'd thought Matt was her friend, not her stalker.

"Yeah, it is... especially when you're young." He admitted as his mind briefly flashed back to the times he'd been a bad judge of character.

She scoffed.

"What happened?" He asked her.

Shrugging she said, "Apparently this entire time that I thought Matt was being nice to me because we were friends, it turns out he was seeing us as something different..."

She watched his reaction, or lack thereof, he didn't seem the least bit surprised.

"You too, huh?" She asked, realizing he must have known that Matt was interested in her, even Erica had seen it.

"How am I always the last person to know?" She leaned against the wall by the window and hung her head.

"The full moon is tomorrow night, that always messes with your senses." He calmly said.

A part of her wanted to tell him what was going on, tell him about all of the pictures Matt had taken of her, and admit that it frightened her. But Derek had enough to worry about, the full moon was tomorrow and he hadn't time to teach any of his other betas to control their shifting.

Not to mention after biting Allison's mother in self-defense, the Argents would be out for revenge even more than before.
And of course, Jackson was still on the loose and they were no closer to stopping him or even finding out who was controlling him.

Right now, Matt being obsessed with her seemed like the least of their problems.

"I'm sorry." She apologized, her eyes met his in the dim lighting of her room. "I should have never tried to let you guys handle this without me. I complained because I felt like I wasn't part of the pack, and then I turn my back on you guys when you include me."

"It's okay-" Derek tried to say, but she didn't let him talk.

"It's really not. You were right this entire time. We can't save Jackson..." The corners of her mouth sunk with defeat.