Unforgivable

After finally being able to pry Lydia's hands from her arm, Samantha rambled off an excuse of having somewhere she needed to be and Lydia left with Allison.

Sam took a deep breath of the cool night air and looked around Scott's street before racing towards the side alley where she'd parked her car, out of sight from her pack members.

Her tires screeched against the pavement as she pulled out onto the street so fast, she'd almost went up on two wheels as she sped off in the direction Derek had left, followed moments later by Scott and Stiles.

Jackson's fate had been sealed now. He was, without question, the kanima.
Which meant Derek wouldn't stop until he was dead.

But she was worried Derek would get killed in the process.
And a small part of her, a part she was trying desperately to ignore was also hoping there was some way to save Jackson.

She'd never liked him and it was obvious he thought very little of her, and even knowing if the situation was reversed he wouldn't lift a finger to help her; it was still hard to stomach the thought of killing him, he didn't ask for this to happen to him.

Her shoes pounded against the dark abandoned parking lot under an empty overpass as she raced towards the sounds of fighting.

As she approached the fight she saw Derek pinned against one of the cement support beams, the only thing between him and the deadly claws of the kanima was an old car door he'd found.

Within seconds Sam shifted into her werewolf form as she raced at the kanima and dug her claws into his back, throwing him backwards away from her pinned alpha.

Even with her werewolf speed and senses, somehow the kanima was faster and stronger. Sam was tossed to the side just in time to look up and see Derek get thrown several feet away from her.

She heard a car extremely close to them, but ignored the sounds as she started to make a run at the kanima again.

Before she even got close Derek grabbed her and pulled her to the other side of the wide, large cement supports from the overpass above.

Not understanding what was happening she tried to pull away and go see where Jackson had gone, she could the reptilian hissing nearby.

But Derek quickly pinned her against the beam and growled, "Be quiet."

Her face shifted back to human and she heard a gunshot, followed by another, and then several more as Chris Argent unloaded an entire clip into the kanima.

Sam stared up to Derek as he still had her pinned, and her heart picked up even more speed.

He'd been looking around, keeping alert to make sure neither the kanima nor the hunters sneaked up on them.

But when he heard her heart change, he glanced down at her.
His face now human as he watched her, but she quickly averted her eyes.

They were both just feet away from hunters and the kanima, yet her heart rate reacted to him more than anything else in the moment.

The gunshots stopped and they both heard footsteps approaching.

She opened her mouth to ask if they should run or fight, but he shook his head back and forth, a sign that she still wasn't supposed to make a noise.

The footsteps got even closer; their eyes locked and Sam held her breath as they waited for what would happen next.

When the footsteps continued, she couldn't hold her silence. She needed to know a plan, if they got attacked were they going to flee or fight?