No Code

Samantha paused to sniff the air in the woods.
She was trying to catch the omega's scent again.

Time was of the essence and could very well mean life or death for the lone-wolf if the hunters got to him first.

She and Derek had split up to cover more ground.

When she finally spotted the unfamiliar werewolf, it was only a few seconds before Scott tackled him.

She wondered what he was doing out there, considering Derek wanted him in their pack but Scott kept refusing.

Getting the upper hand the omega slammed Scott to ground.

Rushing over to them she jumped up and kicked the other wolf off of Scott, who quickly scrambled to his feet.

Crouching down the omega snarled at them.

"We're not going to hurt you." Samantha tried to assure him.
The scent of fear was strong in the air.

"It's okay." Sam tried to keep her voice steady and tone calm.
She held out a hand like one does to soothe a dog.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Scott watching her, his expression contorted in both in surprise and from the shadows of the trees above them.

The omega turned and fled, in an instant both Scott and Samantha were chasing him again.

"Wait!" Scott called after him, knowing the Argents had traps all over the woods, "Stop!"

As he crouched down to jump, the omegas wrists got wrapped up in a trap, and it pulled him up, his body dangling above the ground.

Scott's first instinct was to help him; before he got the chance, Derek threw him over to the side to get him out of the view of the approaching footsteps.

Sam looked down at Derek's hand that had landed on her arm to get her attention.

Knowing that the hunters were already there, she nodded to Derek and he let go of her to pull Scott behind a large tree with them.

"What are you doing? I need to help him." Scott strained, he struggled against Derek.

"The hunters are already here." Samantha whispered to him.

He looked back at her in disbelief that she was a werewolf.

He thought to himself that if he hadn't been so distracted, he would have realized it at school.
But all he thought about was the next time he'd get to see Allison.

"Damn it." She breathed out as she bit down on the inside of her cheek, when she saw Chris Argent use a device with electrical current to stun the omega and make him shift back to human.

At the sounds of the lone-wolf's pained screams Scott struggled against Derek's hold on him.

The three stayed hidden as they watched them interrogate the omega.
Sam thought to herself that these people didn't seem like the same friendly family she'd had dinner with at all.

The stark contrast of how they looked armed with guns in the middle of the night to seated around a dining room table was startling.

"I didn't do anything, I didn't hurt anyone. Not anyone living..." The werewolf pleaded.

Sam remembered back to how the wolf had only taken the liver out of an already deceased body and hadn't attacked a living person.

Looking back to his team of hunters Gerard said, "Gentlemen, take a look at a rare sight. Wanna tell them what we've caught?"